The Design Files (TDF) Kids Art Awards are back for 2022, thanks to our presenting partner, Honan!
Children up to 16 years of age are invited to enter this online awards program by submitting a unique artwork responding to the 2022 theme: ‘home’. Five winners will each win $1,000 – with all the winners plus 15 runners-up selected by our amazing judges, the legendary Reko Rennie, Melbourne’s design queen Beci Orpin, and the iconic Ken Done.
The BEST BIT is that 100% of entry fees for the TDF Kids Art Awards go directly to Children’s Ground — a charity working with entire First Nations communities over a 25-year period to improve social, cultural and economic wellbeing.
Entries cost $5, and are open now via the TDF Kids Art Awards website. Get your artworks in by April 24th, and help us raise $10,000 for Children’s Ground.
Entry details below!
Entries for the 2022 TDF Kids Art Awards are now open!
Following the success of our inaugural kids art awards program in 2021, we’re thrilled to once again be teaming up with our presenting partner, Honan, to host this event celebrating kids’ unique creativity. Honan are a proudly Australian company who have been providing a full range of insurance, risk and financial solutions to individuals and businesses since 1964.
The theme of the 2022 awards program is ‘home’. Interpret this in any way you wish: paint a ‘family portrait.’ How about your garden or veggie patch? Anything IN your home works too! Can you draw your lego collection, your pet lizard, or your baby brother? Or how about a painting of your favourite home-cooked dinner? Your artwork can be anything that reminds you of home.
Our amazing judges Reko Rennie, Beci Orpin, and Ken Done will once again choose five winners to take home $1,000 each, plus their winning artwork on a customised pencil case thanks to Crumb Kids – and all the accolades!
15 runners up (three in each age group) will receive their winning design on a customised pencil case thanks to Crumb Kids.
100% of entry fees go directly to Children’s Ground — a charity working with First Nations communities over a 25-year period to make real and lasting change. Children’s Ground’s vision is for all First Nations people in Australia to achieve a life of opportunity, strong cultural identity, and personal wellbeing by having voice and agency over their social, cultural, political and economic future.
Honan is the presenting partner of this event, and our supporting partners are Gro-To, Birkenstock, and the Mercedes-Benz V-Class! Thank you so much to all our sponsors for making these awards happen!
1. Children across Australia are invited to create an A4-sized artwork in any medium (paint, pencil, Texta, crayon, collage, or even digital art) responding to the 2022 theme: ‘home.’
2. Take a photo or scan the artwork, and submit online to the TDF Kids Art Awards website.
3. Entries cost $5 (with the option to donate more), and 100% of all entry fees will go directly to Children’s Ground. We’re hoping to raise at least $10,000.
4. Entries open Monday April 4 2022 and close Sunday April 24 at 11.59pm (AEST). Winners will be announced Friday May 6.
– 1 x winner in each of the five age categories (five total winners) will receive $1,000, and a customised Crumb Kids pencil case featuring their artwork.
– 3 x runners up in each category (15 total runners up) will receive a customised Crumb Kids pencil case featuring their artwork.
– All winners and runners up will have their artwork included in a story on The Design Files, when we announce the winners!
The TDF Kids Art Awards is proudly presented by Honan Insurance, alongside supporting partners Gro-To, Birkenstock, and the Mercedes-Benz V-Class.
Read the awards terms and conditions here.
Learn more about the work of Children’s Ground here.
Enter the TDF Kids Art Awards here!