The mercury has dropped quickly this winter and Victoria’s ski fields have already enjoyed a dumping of snow… with this in mind we thought it appropriate to re-visit our top five warming winter recipes to carry us through the chilly nights ahead!
Here goes, in no particular order :
1. This outstanding Broadbean Risotto by Rohan Anderson, who I might mention was also our first EVER Tasty Tuesday contributor way back in 2012 !
2. Hearty Italian Ribollita by Julia Busuttill Nishimura (or as we like to call her, ‘Julia Ostro‘), perfectly complemented for our shoot with custom-made ceramics by Julia’s dear pal, Jessilla Rogers.
3. Michelle Schoeps of Love & Bones Broth‘s decadent Dauphinoise potatoes with fried onion, peas and mackerel, inspired by kitchen leftovers and pantry staples.
4. Another more-ish dish from the king of robust, wintery fare, Rohan Anderson – Patatas Bravas with Unnecessary Chorizo.
5. AND finally, Eggplant Parmigiana from none other than our former Managing Editor, the amazing Lisa Marie Corso and her Nonna, Concetta Corso!