EBAYAU X THE DESIGN FILES INSTAGRAM PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes forms part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 and over. Individuals must have an Instagram account to be able to enter.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this competition are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
HOW TO ENTER
4. Competition commences at 9:00AM (AEST) on 17th May 2017 and ends at 11:59PM (AEST) on 22nd May 2017 (“Competition Period”).
5. The winner (1) will be selected on 26 May 2017 and announced on 29th May via direct message on Instagram.
6. The selected winner (1) will win all items from the following prize pool: 1 x Boho Cream Cotton Fringe Throw with Tassels, valued at $110 each, 1 x Wool Sheepskin in Camel, valued at $159 each, 1 x Beaumont & Braddock Elm Square Side Table, valued at $159.95, 2 x iittala Kartio Anniversary Ultramarine Tumbler, valued at $26, SLY Elwyn Velvet Cushion Round Forest, valued at $69, 1 x Tibetan Lambskin cushion in Light bown, valued at $47, LANGDON LTD Large Daisy Gold Shag Cushion, valued at $129, Rug Culture Tortuga Jute Round Rug in White, valued at $89.95, Kids Teepee in Cotton Blue, valued at $59, Spindle Back Dining Chair-Natural, valued at $259, Knot Cushion in Charcoal, valued at $79, By Nord Bifrost Vase in Smoke, valued at $139.95, Oyoy Ceramic Relief in Rex, valued at $59, Sheridan Adriliana Picture Frame in Black, valued at $39.95. Total prize pool valued at $1,545.80 (inc. GST but excluding postage costs) (together, the “Prize”).
7. To be eligible to enter, eligible individuals must answer a creative challenge on an Instagram promotional app, housed at the instagram.com/ebayau (“eBay Promo App”) in accordance with these terms and conditions.
To enter, individuals must complete the following entry method during the Entry Period:
a) access and login to their Instagram account;
b) visit the eBay.com.au Instagram page (instagram.com/ebayau) and hit ‘Follow’;
c) click on the relevant eBay Post (as described on Design File’s Instagram post ) which directs traffic to the eBay Promo App; and
d) creatively answer the question in 50 words or less in the comments on this Instagram post.
Each entrant warrants to the Promoter that each comment and any other contents submitted in their entry is an original creative work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party. All contents must comply with and are subject to the provisions contained in clause 16. Entries that contain prohibited or inappropriate content, or are otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions will not be eligible to win.
7. Each entrant can enter multiple times during the Competition Period, however only one (1) Prize can be awarded for the Competition Period.
8. The winner will be notified by way of direct Instagram message by either eBay Australia or The Design Files. By entering the Promotion, all entrants consent to their entry and/or other communications with the Promoter being broadcast on air and communicated to the public via any medium. Entrants will not be compensated for this use. It is a condition of entry that the Promoter has the right to publicise, broadcast and communicate to the public the names, characters, likenesses or voices of entrants for any promotion or matter incidental to the Promotion. All entrants accept and permit the use of this information by eBay on any medium.
9. The most creative and humorous valid entry in the Entry Period, as determined by the Promoter and subject to eBay’s approval in its absolute discretion, will win the Prize.
10. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time in its sole discretion but subject to eBay’s approval, to disqualify any entrant who submits false information or fails to provide information (if requested), conspires with others to gain an unfair advantage, has breached or is suspected of breaching any of these Terms and Conditions, engages in unlawful or improper conduct or who is otherwise involved in any way with manipulating, interfering or tampering with the conduct of this competition. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
12. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s and eBay’s sole discretion and indecipherable entries may be deemed invalid.
13. If for any reason a winner does not take a prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.
14. If any prize becomes unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equivalent value and/or specification.
15. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
16. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the competition including, but not limited to, Photographs, People’s Choice Photographs and comments (“Content”). The Promoter and eBay shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter and eBay may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that: (a) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter or eBay may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication; (b) their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity including the Promoter and eBay; (c) they will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their Content; (d) the Content is the original artistic work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party; (e) they consent and/or grant to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s/creators’ moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and (f) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communication systems. Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter and eBay for any breach of the above terms.
17. As a condition of entering this competition, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter and eBay, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (which shall include Content) for any purpose, including, but not limited to, future promotion, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
18. Entrants consent to the Promoter and eBay using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter or eBay.
19. The Promoter and eBay assume no responsibility for any loss, damage or injury as a result of technical, telecommunications or other problems, including security breaches, unauthorised intervention or fraud. If such problems arise, then the Promoter or eBay may, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) disqualify any entrant; or (b) modify or suspend the competition as appropriate.
20. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001 or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and eBay (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability for losses, damages, costs or expenses of any nature (including arising from negligence) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential (and including loss of opportunity), in connection with the competition.
21. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and eBay (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s or eBays’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter or eBay; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use/redemption of a prize.
22. The Promoter will only use personal information collected in connection with this competition to contact winners.
23. Any cost associated with accessing eBay Post is the entrant’s/voter’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. Entry and continued participation in the competition is dependent on entrants following and acting in accordance with the Instagram Community Guidelines, which can be viewed at https://help.instagram.com/477434105621119/.
24. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, or Instagram. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and eBay but not to Facebook or Instagram. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this competition must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram. Facebook or Instagram will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained by an entrant, as a result of participating in the competition (including taking/use of the prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
25. The Promoter is The Design Files Aust pty ltd, of 14 Little Oxford st, Collingwood, VIC 3066.
26. The Parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the state of New South Wales.
frequently asked questions
The Design Files is Australia’s most popular design blog, edited by Lucy Feagins. The site started as a pretty simple blog in early 2008, when Lucy was working as an set dresser in the film industry and interiors stylist.
The Design Files covers Australian design in all its forms – from architecture and interiors to art, craft, graphic design and illustration. Want to know more? You can visit the About page here.
Here are some of the questions we often get asked :
HOW DID LUCY BREAK INTO THE STYLING / SET DRESSING INDUSTRY AND DOES SHE HAVE ANY ADVICE FOR BUDDING STYLISTS?
Like most creative fields, the styling industry is highly competitive but don’t let this deter you! Here are Lucy’s top tips for getting your foot in the door –
⋅ Experience is the most essential thing when it comes to styling, and same goes for working in the film industry. Unfortunately there is no way to gain experience really except to work for free (or very little) just to get your foot in the door. ANNOYING but imperative. We’ve all done it. Be polite but be persistent in your efforts to gain work experience or internships from those you admire.
⋅ Set yourself a time limit when it comes to working for free. Give yourself 40 – 100 hours or so working with one particular company or person, before you start charging for your time.
⋅ Have a web presence – a blog or a website which showcases your work is imperative.
WHAT ADVICE DO YOU HAVE FOR WRITING A GREAT BLOG AND / OR MAKING AN INCOME FROM YOUR BLOG?
Every blog is different, but we think great blogs often have a few things in common.
⋅ Original content gives readers a reason to come to your site, for content they know they won’t see anywhere else.
⋅ Regular updates give people a reason to visit every single day.
⋅ If you support and promote other blogs and businesses, those people will in turn share your blog with their networks, growing your readership in an organic, reciprocal way.
In terms of making an income from your blog, that really is a very personal thing and one size certainly doesn’t fit all. The options are –
⋅ You can choose to use a third party ad network such as Nuffnang – we have never worked with them but lots of excellent blogs do.
⋅ Work directly with advertisers. At TDF we have always worked directly with our advertisers to ensure all ads are super relevant to our content, and all ad creative is nice and pretty! This is a lot more work but we think it makes for a better reader experience.
Either way, what is essential is that you have a good sized readership and that you know who your readers are – are they male or female, what age are they, where do they live, where do they work? Advertisers need to know this stuff to ensure your site is a good fit for their brand. Learn about your readers by asking them to take an online survey – we use Survey Monkey annually to learn about our readership.
DOES THE DESIGN FILES ACCEPT WORK EXPERIENCE PLACEMENTS OR INTERNSHIPS?
We’re a really tiny office, and don’t have the resources to offer internships at the moment.
CAN I ADVERTISE WITH THE DESIGN FILES?
Thank you for interest in advertising with The Design Files. Please visit our Advertising page for information about our readership, ad options and rates, then email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an ad kit. We’ll get back to you asap.
HOW MANY PEOPLE READ THE DESIGN FILES?
Our current readership sits at over 180,000 unique visitors per month, and over 1,000,000 page impressions per month.
MY HOUSE IS LOOKING A-OKAY, I THINK IT MIGHT HAVE HOME TOUR POTENTIAL. DOES THE DESIGN FILES ACCEPT SUBMISSIONS?
Yes we do! For submission guidelines regarding potential home tours, interviews, products, and unique creative businesses / individuals doing amazing things please head to our Contact page.
CAN I REPUBLISH WHAT I SEE ON THE DESIGN FILES?
The Design Files original content and photos are copyright protected. Please email us before re-posting our content on other blogs and websites. However please feel free to share our images on Pinterest using the credit ‘via thedesignfiles.net’ and including a photographer credit if applicable.
you guys took some awesome photos of me / MY BUSINESS WHEN I WAS FEATURED ON THE DESIGN FILES… CAN i GET COPIES OF THOSE PICTURES?
Generating original photography for this website is a really huge investment, and for this reason we are quite careful about where our imagery ends up. We often allow independent creatives and small business owners to use our photographs on their personal blogs and websites, this is assessed on a case by case basis. We don’t usually allow our photos to be published in other publications (either online or in print) without remuneration. Please email us with your photo usage request, and we’ll do our best to assist.
Connect with TDF
The Design Files original content and photos are copyright protected. Please email us before re-posting our content elsewhere. Feel free to share our images on Pinterest using the credit ‘via thedesignfiles.net’. Thank you!