Fashion

Dulux x LMFF

Thursday 21st March 2013

One of Dulux’ fashion-inspired rooms, styled by Dulux stylist Bree Leech, inspired by Camilla‘s current collection.

Details from one of the rooms styled by Dulux stylist Bree Leech, inspired by Camilla‘s current collection.

One of Dulux’ fashion-inspired rooms, styled by Dulux stylist Bree Leech, inspired by Camilla‘s current collection.

Dulux x LMFF – a colour collaboration inspired by Australian fashion.

Did you know that today is International Colour Day!?  I didn’t either until yesterday.  Who decides these things?  Anyway, I support it. (Despite that fact that they appear to have a very questionable web presence).  Because really, who doesn’t love a little colour?!  If you are reading this at 7.00am and are not dressed yet you should definitely celebrate today by wearing your brightest hue!  And I shall celebrate by sharing a little post today about a particularly colourful creative collaboration.

It’s been quite amazing working with Dulux over the past few months since they have started supporting our Australian Homes column.  I must say I’ve never worked with such a high profile brand before so closely, and it’s been incredible to gain an insight into just how much research and consideration goes into everything they do – from forecasting colour trends, to developing new colours from scratch and marketing them.  For instance, did you know there is an entire department within Dulux which is JUST focussed on marketing colour!? Not specific product per se, but the use of colour in general!?  I found this rather amazing!  (I am  trying to brainstorm some collaboration ideas on that front so stay tuned!)

The Dulux team are very conscious that colour trends really do come from a myriad of sources, and to this end they have done something a little unexpected this year – they’ve sponsored the L’Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival!  It’s a clever partnership that highlights the link between fashion and interiors trends, and celebrates creative use of colour in the broadest sense.  It has also given Dulux the opportunity to partner with some amazing Australian fashion design talent!

To promote their support of LMFF, Dulux have worked with Sydney fashion designers Kirrily Johnston and Camilla Franks, to create four very different stylised rooms, inspired by each designer’s current runway collections.  Camilla, known for her distinctive detailed prints, has inspired two very vivid spaces (LOVE that deep blue in the top pic!), whilst Kirrily’s range has more of an understated lux vibe going on, with monochromatic tones and metallic accents.  The collaboration has been documented across four short videos which can be viewed here – they are really well put together and I love the little behind the scenes peek into each designer’s world!  (Both now on my ‘must interview’ list!)

TO CELEBRATE their partnership with LMFF and this fashion inspired collaboration, Dulux are also offering a pretty amazing giveaway – a Dulux Home Makeover (i.e. Dulux paint + the services of a Dulux Accredited painter and a Dulux Colour Consultant) to the value of AUD $5,000!  To enter, visit the Dulux website and state in 25 words or less which fashion inspired room is your favourite and why.  The competition runs until April 30th 2013 and is open to all Australian residents (over 18 years).

One of Dulux’ fashion-inspired rooms, styled by Dulux stylist Bree Leech, inspired by Kirrily Johnston‘s current collection.

One of Dulux’ fashion-inspired room sets in studio, inspired by Kirrily Johnston‘s current collection.

Thursday 21st March 2013

• Heather Nette King 2 years ago

Gorgeous styling Bree, and beautiful photography by Mike Baker. x

• kerrie nelson 2 years ago

Love these rooms Bree……great use of my Gypsy River Tribal tassels……

• White Forest Home 2 years ago

Gorgeous Bree – love the darkest midnight navy…Beautiful colour and offset with lovely pop colours!

• Donna 2 years ago

Love this one! Fashion, interior styling and photography… my three favorite things!

• Natalie 2 years ago

Beautiful styling Bree! love all the looks!

• Pippa 2 years ago

So delighted….amazing work!
    Thankyou Bree x

• Olga 2 years ago

Ooohh…I love this, for a boring brand like Dulux, this is so lux, paints Dulux in a new light! Love!

• Katie Alleva 2 years ago

Amazing images. WOW. x

• Leah Taylor 2 years ago

These rooms look incredible! And so exciting to see our tassel garland in the top photo!

• Vanessa 2 years ago

Hi Lucy,
    Is it possible if you could let me know where that lovely multi coloured panel dresser is from that features in the rooms styled by Bree Leech.

• Adrian 2 years ago

Vanessa – Pretty certain that’s from Zuster’s Echo collection.

• Margie 2 years ago

oh… my… those tassels!! Ouchie they look FANTASTIC!! Well done Bree, what a truly wonderful collab! I’m glowing!

• Gorgeous! Everything. Totally gorgeous. I love the Ouch Flower tassel garland.

• paula mills 2 years ago

Hi Lucy – amazing images – any idea where I get that brilliant cushion in the first shot?? Couldn’t see any links! Thanks Paula x

• Av 2 years ago

I think I’m the type of girl who feels comfortable in Kirrily’s clothes but loves looking at Camilla’s, if that make sense. So I think both rooms are gorgeous in their own moods and ways.

Thanks too for the heads up on International Colour Day, Lucy. They should hire Bree to consult on schjoozing up their website ;-)

• Bree 2 years ago

Loving all the comments guys! I’m feeling the love, thanks – its the result of 3 passionate people coming together on a shoot with the same end goal in mind (Thanks fabulous Heather and the brilliant Mike Baker) and the wonderful generous suppliers that lend us their amazing treasures (as Gypsy River calls them).
    Vanessa – Adrian is right its the Echo range from Zuster- they created this combination especially for the shoot.
    Paula that cushion is available from Safari Fusion, its the Tretchikoff Cusion available in a view other styles as well. They are an online store and are inked from the Dulux website for other items they supplied such as the feather headress. Hope that helps!

Thanks so much for featuring this collaboration Lucy!

• Bree these shots are amazing! Loving those super dark navy walls, it makes the colours of our pieces really pop. Well done!

• nathan 2 years ago

Love the styling and quirky bits and pieces!

My partner and I have recently started up an online business with the hope of opening a store in the inner city suburbs of Melbourne soon.
    Feel free to have a look at our stuff and join the community :)

• Emily 2 years ago

Love the styling! Can you please tell me where I can find all the products in the last shot (black and gold lamp, gold side table and black chair)?

Many thanks,
    E

• Basil 1 year ago

Hi! I know this is kinda off topic nevertheless
    I’d figured I’d ask. Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest
    authoring a blog article or vice-versa? My blog discusses a lot of the same topics as yours and I believe we could greatly
    benefit from each other. If you might be interested
    feel free to send me an email. I look forward to
    hearing from you! Fantastic blog by the way!

Review my web-site PayTV Anbieter – Basil -

• Suzanne 1 year ago

Hi Lucy/Bree
    I know I’m a bit late, but have just discovered the Dulux Kirrilly range, and am wondering Bree where is the print/ picture from in the Kirrilly room? It has a slim wooden frame and is lie a gorgeous motif/filigree type print. Would love to know!

Suzanne