Shopping

P. Johnson Pochettes

Tuesday 8th January 2013

100% silk ‘Pochettes’ (pocket squares) by Australian bespoke tailors – P. Johnson

Forgive me, I’m a little late to the party with this one… P. Johnson Tailors originally surfaced in Sydney in 2008, the creation of Adelaide-born, London-trained tailor Patrick Johnson.  All P. Johnson garments are constructed in the proper, old fashioned way – with fine stitching, perfect buttonholes and astute attention to every detail!  Patrick has a passion for a timeless, gentlemanly sense of style, and ‘a genuine vision for a better dressed Australian man’.  WELL.  Bring it on, I say.  Ain’t nothing better than a well dressed Australian man. :)

Equipped with expert skills thanks to his training with British tailor Robert Emmett, P. Johnson has gained a loyal following, riding high on the wave of the recent global trend for bespoke menswear.  Not surprisingly, it wasn’t long before this ambitious little start-up found a national market, opening a South Melbourne atelier in 2011.

SO I am totally bookmarking Patrick Johnson for a potential future interview (!!), but in the meantime, I just couldn’t help but share a mini post about his beautiful pocket squares – or ‘pochettes’, if you’re posh. How FAB are theses designs…?  I kinda wish they made larger silk scarves for ladies in these prints… I would totally buy one!  Many more to be seen in P. Johnson’s online shop.

P.Johnson’s boutiques in Melbourne and Sydney are open by appointment only, and they regularly travel interstate for fittings – all details on their website.

‘Pochettes’ by P. Johnson

Tuesday 8th January 2013

• lexi 2 years ago

Oops! You did it again. Played with my purse strings and now I really am coveting these. Holy toledo – these are hotter than hotcakes. I love the watermelon. I’d be crazy not to.

• The Yellow Dance Spot 2 years ago

Fabulous! I’m with you Lucy, would love these designs as scarves.

• Kara 2 years ago

Oh I love these! Have you seen the cool pins they do as well? wearing a croissant on your lapel how chic! x

• Harriet 2 years ago

Oh I love P. Johnson! These are cute, but only the tip of the iceberg of cool and lovely things in his studio. After wearing one of his suits, my husband now can’t wear any others! Such a great example of Aus design.

• Cathg1g2 2 years ago

I love the watermelon one too, would keep for myself not for my bloke

• Phoebe 2 years ago

Larger ladies scarves in these would absolutely be amazing. I do so love a pocket square though. I’d go the navy splotchy. Anyone have any ideas for non-pocket styling of something this size?
    These are the latest “want” for my scarf collection:
    geometric and beautiful colours…
    My top choice is “chronicle”

• Warren Feagins 2 years ago

Paul Smith in London did designer handkerchiefs many years ago & an art director pal used to frame them individually. About 20 set in frames on a study wall can look great & last longer than they would in say the hayfever season!

• Men Paul Smith Ties 2 years ago

Hello, I enjoy reading through your article. I like to write a
    little comment to support you.

Feel free to visit my blog; Men Paul Smith Ties