Shopping

Lulu Lucky

Monday 16th July 2012

Handmade paper rosettes by Lulu Lucky. Photos – Sean Fennessy, styling – Jess Lillico.

Handmade envelopes and rosettes by Lulu Lucky. Photos – Sean Fennessy, styling – Jess Lillico.

Awww man.  I’ve been trying to keep it looking a bit grown up and just a little less girly around here, but these sweet paper creations by Queensland based Kara Schiffer aka Lulu Lucky are totally pulling me back into cute ‘n crafty territory!  What can I say?  They were too fab.  I got excited.

Kara was a florist for a number of years, and is Mum to two young kids.  After the birth of her second child, amazingly, she found herself with some free time up her sleeve.  As luck would have it, she was blessed with an ‘angel baby’ who was/is particularly good at sleeping!  (Seriously, how does this happen, it seems 100% at odds with all information I have been given to date about babies / parenting!?)

Kara put this unexpected free time to good use – coming up with this sweet little collection of handcrafted paper goodies!  I am seriously loving the envelopes with string ties ad those fab ROSETTES.  Such a simple idea, and perfectly executed.

‘I love creating things that are simple but super pretty!’ says Kara. ‘I thought, why send your mail in a boring plain white envelope when you could send it in a beautifully coloured heavy card stock one? I guess what I like doing is making items that can usually be quite run of the mill something special.’

At the moment Kara is making a great variety of paper envelopes, rosettes, piñatas, Polish paper chandeliers, and garlands.  The Lulu Lucky webstore just launched today – brand new, get on it people!

Handmade envelopes with sweet string ties by Lulu Lucky. Photos – Sean Fennessy, styling – Jess Lillico.

Monday 16th July 2012

• Ingrid Weir 2 years ago

Very pretty. Great to see hand crafted work.

• leanne 2 years ago

love! just figuring out what i can use them for now…

• Kimmy 2 years ago

…who has these babies who sleep???! Ahhh. Lucky Kara. Beautiful work too… :-)

• Amanda 2 years ago

Have been trying to track down the maker of these ever so cute rosettes since I saw them pop up on instagram. Thanks Lucy for helping me! And a webstore – even better!

• nicole sanders 2 years ago

what a beautiful simple but pretty idea. love the string closing on the back of the envelopes. gorgeous.

• Elements 2 years ago

Gorgeous and handmade…Love it!

• Tammy 2 years ago

Cute babies, gorgeous handmade stationery and floral styling!! Amazing lady..

• Monique 2 years ago

I love cute ‘n crafty too so keep it coming Lucy. These envelopes are gorgeous!

• Ariel 2 years ago

Cute and Crafty is perfect for a child’s room. I’ll have to bookmark this blog for when I redecorate my daughter’s room. I always surf the internet when I want new ideas. Simply Decorate, the Online Interior Design Service that I use has the best room designing tools i have ever seen. Even though I work for them, I can honestly say they make redecorating lots of fun.

• Kristy 2 years ago

Love the design files and came across this – great work Kara! Kristy x

• Maria Merryweather 2 years ago

They are pretty, but I wouldnt bother trying to buy anything: I order some rosettes early October & put in a request for confirmation. I heard nothing, so used the website contact function to check status TWICE & have never heard back or received my order.
    Am about to start proceedings to get my more than $50 back.

• Twenty-two Ming memories, next. wwW, like ring is really what’s going on weeping children. He angrily not a sentence Emirates! This Zhu Biao child, do not know how many people are offended, we regarded by him into trouble, but fortunately, we run fast, or else trouble so much movement, not locked up by the police blockade message when pigs fly, I’ll give him a call. Followed he suffered a dragged this thing he will give an explanation.