Craft

Little Dandelion

Thursday 10th May 2012

Stunning blankets and throws made by Jacqueline Fink for her label Little Dandelion – you guessed it, these incredible shots are by Sharyn Cairns, styled by Glen Proebstel.  Too beautiful.

Jacqueline Fink is the designer and maker behind Little Dandelion, a bespoke soft furnishings label in Sydney.  Jacqueline makes the most exquisite chunky throws, blankets and shrugs in pure, soft wool and rustic linen, knitted by hand using enormous needles!

Jacqueline has a varied career background – she’s worked a patchwork of very different jobs which finally landed her here at Little Dandelion.  She’s a lawyer by training, but only practised law for a few years.  ‘It wasn’t my cup of tea at all’ she says, ‘studying law is very different from the practise of it – it was very obvious to me that I was not amongst my tribe’.  Stage two of Jacqueline’s career journey was when she joined her husband’s business, running five Hugo Boss stores in Sydney and one multi-brand menswear store called Claude Sebastian.  This time instilled in Jacqueline a deep understanding and passion for high quality retail –  ‘I know what it is to walk the floor in retail. Retail is really complex, and it is a shame that not more people consider it as a genuine career option’ she says.

Jacqueline worked with her husband until the birth of her first child in 2002.  ‘It was my choice to be a stay at home Mum, but I did struggle to adjust to the all-consuming nature of motherhood. I really needed something of my own.  I devoted a lot of thought to what that “something” may be, and eventually the idea came to me in a dream.’  And so Little Dandelion was born!

Currently in its very early stages, Little Dandelion does not have retail stockists just yet.  Being a perfectionist at heart, Jacqueline isn’t interested in manufacturing masses of product.  ‘I make everything myself, so the reality is there will never be a huge number of my wares out at anyone time.  My original plan was to retail the products directly online, but at this early stage, I feel that people really need to be able to handle the throws and blankets and see them to truly appreciate their uniqueness.  However, I am more than happy to sell my products directly to the public’.

SO if these incredible handcrafted pieces have struck a chord with you, do make contact with Jacqueline directly!  She is currently in talks with a select handful of stockists in Melbourne and Sydney to sell her beautiful wares – likeminded retailers should definitely get in touch!

Jacqueline has a sweet blog here.

Handknitted blankets and throws made by Little Dandelion – photos by Sharyn Cairns, styling by Glen Proebstel.

Thursday 10th May 2012

• Penny 3 years ago

These blankets look divine. So snuggly heading into the Australian winter!

• Jacqui Fink 3 years ago

Lucy, thanks so much for your lovely feature. I’m feeling very proud.

• Patricia 3 years ago

These blankets are so gorgeous. Would love to get my body wrapped in a few of these.

• caroline @trend daily 3 years ago

These photographs are just beautiful-amazing lighting and lovely styling-thanks for sharing!

• Courtney 3 years ago

I would really love that cozy bedding up top. Nothing better than knits. Nothing, I tell you! And these look like the cream of the crop.

• Ellen @ Moyarta 3 years ago

Just what we need for a chilly Sydney morning. I’d like to wrap up in one right now actually.

• margie 3 years ago

GASP! The whole concept is lovely. A woman after my own heart. Small run, handmade, high quality, good provenance. Delicious. Thanks Lucy for uncovering these wise and creative people for us to connect with.

• Kristen Walsham 3 years ago

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! I have a very treasured Little Dandelion blanket and am looking forward to rugging up with it this winter!

• Tegan @ Style Chic 3 years ago

These are amazing.
    Where can we purchase them please?

• martine 3 years ago

OMG – stunning shots – how amazing to have your products styled & shot by these two. All the best to Jacqui as she sends these fabulous blankets & throws out into the world.

• Fiona Kate 3 years ago

Just beautiful Jacqueline. Handmade quality and style. a winning combination

• megan 3 years ago

OH Jacqueline, sharyn and Glennie… what totally stunning work. i want a blanket so badly. Stunning. best thing all day. thank youx

• Jacinda 3 years ago

I don’t think i need to see these blankets in real life to know how divine they are going to be.
    I want one already.. desperately…

• Erica Schuman 3 years ago

You can’t believe how stunning these blankets are until you’ve felt one and inhaled the incredibly warming smells of wool. I thought they looked beautiful online but a picture does not do justice to the amount of love and time that goes into hand making them. So delightfully unique. I also love the linen throws. I have been looking for something different to put over my bed & kept coming up against the same old boring throws/covers but Little Dandelion’s hand knitted linen throws are so unique & beautiful.

• Life Instyle 3 years ago

Beautiful and perfect for winter….

• Rosa 3 years ago

Breathtakingly beautiful

• Sue-Ann 2 years ago

Just found little dandelion in home beautiful and have read every feature I could. Jacqueline your vision is sublime, right down to the custom made needles by your friend and father. I am looking forward to owing one of these treasures very soon. Can’t wait. I will be in touch.

• Christine 1 year ago

Jacqueline your work is just beautiful. I also look forward to owning one very soon. They just look so snuggly and warm. Look forward to chatting with you soon.
    King regards