Top Things for Kids – GIVEAWAY!
JEEPERS CREEPERS. Can you actually BELIEVE this epic giveaway. I know. Insane.
Let me draw your attention first and foremost to the INCREDIBLE Ubabub NIFTY TIMBER COT which we are so so thrilled to include! As you may remember we are big fans of Ubabub – proudly designed in Melbourne, this beautiful range of nursery furniture has taken the market by storm since it first launched a couple of years ago. (You might recall we’ve even had a snoop inside the home of Ubabub founder and busy Mum Natasha Dumais a while back too!) Massive thanks to Ubabub for their super generous contribution to this giveaway!
What is MOST exciting about the selection of fabulous kids products you see above, is that almost everything listed is designed in Australia or New Zealand. Much of it is made locally too (with the exception of the beautiful vintage poster from Melbourne vintage dealer Galerie Montmartre, which is, of course, French!). AND because our first love is great design, we have tried to edit this selection with as much emphasis on grown-up style as on kid-appeal… because you know, behind every cute kid is a house-proud grown-up! And let’s face it, a gift for any child is as much a gift for their parents.
In our usual tradition, we will draw 18 winners at random for each of the 18 prizes listed below. To enter, simply leave one comment on this post before 10.00pm this evening, Melbourne (daylight savings!) time. Winners will be contacted this week via email.
Please read on for the full run-down of goodies below. MASSIVE thanks to all the designers who have generously offered up their beautiful wares for this giveaway. Please do share the love with a little visit to their respective websites!
* Please note this giveaway is open to Australian and New Zealand residents – with the exception of the Ubabub Nifty Cot which will be shipped within Australia only.
TOP THINGS FOR KIDS – GIVEAWAY!
1. Baby Boat Mobile from Made by Mosey – rrp AU$66.00.
These are still my favourite handcrafted kids’ mobiles… beautiful work by Melbourne crafter Madeleine Sargent.
2. Framed ‘Jus de Pomme’ vintage poster (26cm x 34cm) from Galerie Montmartre – rrp AU$130.00.
I LOVE vintage posters in kids bedrooms… always a great affordable art alternative, and the perfect way to combine vintage style with a little quirky kitsch!
3. Large Rainbow Puzzle from Zora’s Rainbow – rrp NZ$34.90
I have recently discovered these beautiful timber rainbow puzzles, handcrafted in New Zealand by family owned company Zora’s Rainbow, who have been manufacturing their sweet rainbow coloured toys since the early 1970’s.
4. Nifty Timber Cot from Ubabub! – rrp AU$1199.00
The showstopper! We love this beautiful range of nursery furniture from Melbourne start-up Ubabub! Massive thanks to Natasha and Daniel Dumais for this super generous prize!
5. Merry Go Round timber wall hooks from Lightly (set of 3 x natural timber pegs, set of 3 x mixed colours) – rrp $212.00
This brand new range of wall pegs from Melbourne design studio Lightly are inspired by the circus – with designs including the Diabolo, Big Top and Buttons. They’re handturned from plantation pine in Victoria, and are available in sets of two and three in bright primary colours or natural timber.
6. Handmade Soft Toy from Maiike – rrp $75.00
I just can’t get enough of this GORGEOUS handmade toys from Melbourne designer Aly Peel of Maiike! Made in Melbourne from recycled knitted jumpers, vintage fabric and buttons, they are surely the cutest softies in town!? (Due to the buttons these are best for 3+ yrs old). (ps Maiike has a retail shop in Hawthorn stocking their own and other people’s designs for kids – I believe it to be the CUTEST KIDS SHOP IN MELBOURNE hands down.)
7. Mocka All Terrain Balance Bike from Mocka – rrp AU$79.95
This range of wooden balance bikes (also known as running bikes) are designed to develop balance and co-ordination as a pre-cursor to your child’s first push-bike. This one is for kids 3 yrs – 6 yrs. Mocka is a family run business based in Christchurch, New Zealand and the Sunshine Coast, Australia. They also make a cute range of furniture for kids.
8. 2 x pillowcases, single flat sheet and velvet penny round cushion from Castle – rrp AU$272.00
There is a LOT of questionable kids bedlinen on the market. But this beautiful bedlinen range from Sydney polka dot queen Rachel Castle strikes the perfect balance – cute enough for little ones and smart enough for grown-ups! Castle cotton bedlinen is 100% made in Australia.
9. Colours Wall Chart from Blink Designs (50cm x 100cm) – rrp AU$60.00
Have you seen these sweet kids’ wall charts from Blink Designs? So nice! We love this one too. They’re designed, printed and made in Melbourne from long lasting vinyl and timber dowel.
10. ‘Find and Make’ Shop and Cup Critters kits from Makedo – AUrrp $25.95
One of our all time favourite Australian kids’ design brands for their sheer ingenuity, Makedo create the handy connectors and tools required to turn cardboard and packaging into inspired play objects. These two kits are our new favourites from the ‘Find and Make’ range… endless school holiday fun!
11. Stripes! Baby Blanket in orange / pink / blue (80cm x 100xm) from Sunday Ganim – AU$129.00
As we learnt yesterday, Sunday Ganim’s sweet range of baby blankets is designed and made in Melbourne from super soft Egyptian cotton. We love this punchy colourway – equally perfect for a boy or girl.
12. Sydney Ferry and Melbourne Tram from Make Me Iconic – AUrrp $180
Melbourne brand Make Me Iconic pride themselves on making ‘old fashioned’ toys – toys that have no flashing lights or loud noises, no plastic and no batteries! The wooden Sydney Ferry and Melbourne Tram above celebrate two of Australia’s most nostalgic forms of transport, and each comes with a friendly collection of wooden passengers! Designed in Melbourne and made ethically in China.
13. Sweet Petite Freddie doll kit from The Red Thread – rrp AU$20.00
Sydney-based designer and prolific blogger Lisa Tilse of The Red Thread makes these sweet softie kits for older kids to make their very own soft toy. The kits contain printed fabric panels, stuffing, ribbon loops and sewing instructions, and can me made either using a sewing machine or by hand. The newest addition to the range is this friendly little fella called Freddie…!
14. Trio of Sausage Dog mirrors from Scoops Design – rrp AU$60.00
Scoops Design is the creation of Sydney based Sohie Cooper. Her family of sausage dog mirrors are made from perspex so they’re super strong and tantrum-proof! They also come with removable adhesive which won’t leave marks on the wall. The daddy dog is 30.5 x 13.5 cm, mummy dog is 21.5 x 9.5 cm and baby dog 14 x 6 cm.
15. Little Aeroplane from Flatout Frankie – rrp NZ$45.00
Made from simple flat-packed cardboard, Flatout Frankie products take their inspiration for every child’s favourite toy – the humble cardboard box! This aeroplane is the perfect trigger for imaginative play – and is ripe for kiddie customisation! Designed and made in New Zealand.
16. My Perfect Portions eco dinner set from The Lowercase – rrp AU$44.00
Food is so much more fun when compartmentalised, don’t you think? These sweet eco dinner plates from Sydney-based start-up The Lowercase are made in Japan from sustainable bamboo, are 100% BPA free and are unbreakable! (BPA is the bad chemical found in many plastic food containers which can leach into your food). They’re designed around the perfect portion size for proteins, vegies and fruit and wholegrain cereals… hmm… I think I need a grown up version!
17. ‘The Camper’ sleeping bag from Love Mae (colour – ‘Dinosaur Dreaming’) – rrp AU$149.95
These cosy new ‘camper’ sleeping bags from Sydney-based Love Mae are designed for little ones to snuggle up at home, outdoors or for sleepovers. They’re machine washable, and they come in their own backpack. Designed in Sydney, made in Portugal.
18. Retro Woodland Scene wall stickers from Love Mae – AU$229.95
I must admit I am not the biggest fan of wall decals usually (nothing personal I just feel the market is a little saturated!) HOWEVER these gorgeous designs from Love Mae are the exception to that rule! Designed in Sydney, these super cute wall stickers are made from fabric, are re-usable over and over again and are guaranteed not to damage any wall! They have got to be the cutest wall stickers on the market.
This whimiscal woodland scene is one of Love Mae’s all time best sellers… its pretty massive – 1.4m to the top of the tree!
THAT’S ALL FOLKS. You know what to do! Get commenting and please be patient if WordPress has some trouble keeping up with all the comments… you have all day :)
* UPDATE – WOW, what an overwhelming response!! Thanks so much for all your comments and enthusiasm for Kids Week! The winners have been drawn at random and contacted by email. Here is the list of lucky winners!!
1. Baby Boat Mobile from Made by Mosey – Christy (comment #112)
2. Framed ‘Jus de Pomme’ vintage poster from Galerie Montmartre – Kaz (comment #959)
3. Large Rainbow Puzzle from Zora’s Rainbow – Bree Leech (comment #911)
4. Nifty Timber Cot from Ubabub – Melinda (comment #986)
5. Merry Go Round timber wall hooks from Lightly – Nicole (comment #508)
6. Handmade Soft Toy from Maiike – Desb (comment #964)
7. Mocka All Terrain Balance Bike from Mocka – Rebecca Dean (comment #20)
8. 2 x pillowcases, single flat sheet and velvet penny round cushion from Castle – Ashleigh (comment #874)
9. Colours Wall Chart from Blink Designs – Kathleen (comment #460)
10. ‘Find and Make’ Shop and Cup Critters kits from Makedo – Laura (comment #565)
11. Stripes! Baby Blanket in orange / pink / blue from Sunday Ganim – Charlotte (comment #714)
12. Sydney Ferry and Melbourne Tram from Make Me Iconic – Jo (comment #891)
13. Sweet Petite Freddie doll kit from The Red Thread – Claire Moody (comment #775)
14. Trio of Sausage Dog mirrors from Scoops Design – Sharon O (comment #131)
15. Little Aeroplane from Flatout Frankie – James (comment #561)
16. My Perfect Portions eco dinner set from The Lowercase – Meg (comment #337)
17. ‘The Camper’ sleeping bag from Love Mae – Celisa Urech (comment #250)
18. Retro Woodland Scene wall stickers from Love Mae – Kate (comment #195)
Thank you again for all you comments and a really HUGE THANK YOU to all the generous suppliers of these prizes- we love you and your ongoing support! Xx