Kids

Baby Blankets by Sunday Ganim

Monday 2nd April 2012

Cotton baby blanket by Sunday Ganim

Beautiful baby blankets by Sunday Ganim

As that friendly little button in our side bar suggests, this week we decided we’d have a bit of fun with KIDS WEEK - a week of content for the young and young at heart!

Why!?  Well, basically because there is so much seriously cute kids stuff being designed in Aus and NZ at the moment, and we don’t normally have much opportunity to cover it. With school holidays this week it seemed like an opportune time to get excited about all things little, and share a few of our favourite design finds for kids!

So we’re kicking things off today with an intro to one particularly clever local lass – say good morning to Sunday Ganim!

Sunday was fortunate to be born into a supremely creative family – as you might have guessed, she is the daughter of Melbourne textiles queen Rae Ganim, who we recently profiled here. Aside from blessing her daughter with the prettiest name (surely anyone called ‘Sunday’ is destined for celebrity?) Rae also instilled in Sunday a fascination with beautiful textiles, colour and pattern… and so I guess it wasn’t much of a surprise when Sunday launched her very own range of beautiful knitted baby blankets last year.

In actual fact Sunday arrived at this path in a rather round-about way.  After graduating from Media Arts at RMIT, and a brief stint working in the film industry as an art department assistant on various productions, Sunday was struck down by chronic fatigue. After a few years dedicated to recovery, Sunday took herself off to New York, where she interned with trend forecasting website stylesight.com, as well as with our fave NY crafters – Confetti System! (a pilgrimage for Melbourne creatives it seems!?).

Sunday’s time in NYC inspired her to pursue her own creative endeavours, and so upon her return to Melbourne, and inspired by the birth of her nephew Max in 2010, Sunday started her own business with this sweet range of locally made baby blankets.   This year Sunday also plans to launch a larger-sized range of throws and blankets for grown-up beds – I’ll keep you posted on that!

Sunday Ganim baby blankets are all made in Melbourne from the highest quality materials – the striped ones are Egyptian Cotton imported from Italy, and the patterned ones are 100% Australian merino wool.  They’re soft as soft can be, and such delectable colour combinations (I love the grey and yellow!).  The perfect wrapping for the most precious present!

You can buy Sunday’s blankets from her online shop and from Ganim’s Store in Fitzroy, Melbourne – as well as bunch of other lovely stockists listed here.

Stay tuned because TOMORROW we have a rather fabulous giveaway in store, which will include one of Sunday’s beautiful striped cotton baby blankets – make sure you pop back tomorrow to enter!

Thankyou Sunday we think you are awesome :)

Two tone blue baby blanket by Sunday Ganim – made in Melbourne from Australian Merino wool

Monday 2nd April 2012

• lucy 3 years ago

The most beautiful baby blankets around for sure!
    I think our next little bundle has to have one.
    Yay Sunday!

• Alex Lorking-Tanner 3 years ago

My friends and I stumbled upon these beautiful blankets yesterday in the Town Hall St Kilda. Unfortunately, I haven’t quite persuaded my friends to have children yet (I’m working on it), so I had not much of an excuse to purchase ALL of them. I was so pleased to hear they’re making them in larger sizes come late April and I will thus, be sporting matching ones come the cooler months. I don’t think it’s such a bad idea to purchase some matching baby ones in preparation, anticipation and probably persuasion too right?

• Briar Stanley 3 years ago

Perfect timing for Kids Week Lucy! I am ramping up the nesting for the baby at the moment and have some things to tick off – a blanket was one of them. Love these! And…Sunday is on our ‘name list’ – just have always loved the name (which is half the reason for the name of my blog)! Look forward to the rest of your posts x

• Jas 3 years ago

ooo I just saw these at Magnolia square on saturday and they’re so gorgeous and feel so soft. I’ve kept her business card for future neices and nephews that come along (or maybe one day our own little kidlets!)

• Liz 3 years ago

Hi Lucy, what timing as I read today’s design files on my phone at the hospital with my two day old sleeping in my arms! Thanks x

• Veggie Mama 3 years ago

Oh these are delicious! I love the stripes… just perfect for iBaby 2.0 who will be released in September. I could totally take myself to NYC. It’s the best for inspiration! Will check out her store and be back tomorrow :)

• Melissa 3 years ago

Love these. I too have a children’s brand and store in Melbourne. Moppit. Think I should get me some of these to have in store. We make and design our product locally in Melbourne also. Just about to hit 10 years old!

• mariana 3 years ago

what a lovely coincidence.. m2matiz was right next to sunday at the magnolia square market over the weekend. we ‘spotted’ for eachother! it was a pleasure to meet her and her blankets are divine. i’d like the green/blue/black patterned one for myself!! beautiful job sunday… and see you at the next market! mx

• Amanda Falson 3 years ago

Beautiful and such classic colours.

• piia 3 years ago

Love the line,thanks for sharing!

• kelly green interiors 3 years ago

These are divine and i have blogged about them too! i would love one so will sure to check back tomoz! My whole family loves the name Sunday…..so pretty! KG X

• Zoe 3 years ago

Yet again Lucy you find products I did not even know I wanted until you show them to me! I will be a very very poor lady at this rate! also love the kids week idea…love a bit of cuteness! x

• gluten free gift 3 years ago

GORGEOUS!!! Most baby blankets would look pretty crumby tossed over the side of your couch. You might find yourself fighting with Jr for these ones! I’m so pleased to see the move away from baby blue, pink, yellow and minty green.

• Nina 3 years ago

Oh cuteski-doodle dooooo! I wish I was mini again to enjoy these!

• Marianne Sourial 3 years ago