Shopping

White Nest

Monday 19th March 2012

White Nest - a stunning new store opened by Lee Harris (pictured) on the Mornington Peninsula.  All photographs by Armelle Habib, styled by Julia Green.

White Nest on the Mornington Peninsula.  All photographs by Armelle Habib, styled by Julia Green.

These fabulous shots of new Blairgowrie store White Nest found their way into my inbox recently thanks to stylist Julia Green and photographer Armelle Habib (thankyou ladies!)… how truly beautiful is it!??  I keep discovering so many great creative people and retailers along the Mornington Peninsula… this is just one more reason to schedule a little daytrip down the coast one day very soon!

White Nest stocks homewares, beach and garden accessories, soft furnishings,  candles and body products, clothing and kidswear.  Owner Lee Harris curates this perfectly styled store with an impressive range of local and international labels, as well as one off pieces, such as artwork by Emma Cleine of Lumiere Art + Co who we featured recently.  Other local brands you might recognise include Goldnbrown (remember Andy Brown’s stunning Blairgowrie home?!), Tractor Home, Angus and Celeste, Curio & Curio and many more!

I really, seriously, need to work on a Peninsula shopping guide, don’t I?

White Nest
2843 Point Napean Road
Blairgowrie,
Vic.  3942

Ph. (03) 5988 9676

White Nest – details.  Photographs by Armelle Habib, styled by Julia Green.

White Nest.  Photographs by Armelle Habib, styled by Julia Green.

Monday 19th March 2012

• dustjacket 3 years ago

Will bookmark this store…it looks like a treasure trove.

• mes bijoux 3 years ago

oh! I think that all these lovely shops are so far from my home…
    kisses fom Barcelona!

• Tegan @ Style Chic 3 years ago

Hi Lucy,
    I often pop past your blog so thought it was time to say Hi!
    This shop is just around the corner from my mums, will defenitely have to have a look next time i’m there.
    Thanks for shraing
    xx Tegan

• Pippa 3 years ago

I love the idea of a Morington Peninsula shopping guide and would happily play scout for you, all in the name of research!

• Sarah 3 years ago

Oh lovely! Who are those cushions by on top of the shelves? They are exactly what I’ve been looking for!

• Lucy 3 years ago

Tegan – Thanks so much for your comment! Great to hear from you!

Sarah.. I could be wrong but I believe those cushions are by Ferm Living (a Scandinavian brand who stock quite a few Australian retailers).

Thanks for all your comments ladies!

• I love this store in Blairgowrie, we often drive down for the holidays or just a day trip and I love popping in having a browse or picking up a little something for the home. You’re right the peninsula is truly inspiring lots of homes and wardrobes recently (well in the last few years too !).

• Amanda 3 years ago

A Peninsular shopping guide is a very good idea Lucy! I would love one xx

• Fox and Beau 3 years ago

What a beautiful store!

• Diane 3 years ago

Such a lovely store! I would also love to see a Mornington Peninsula shopping guide!

• Penny 3 years ago

Love this store too! Discovered it just after Christmas and did a little post on my blog.
    Penny x

• Samm 3 years ago

I’m a peninsula local, and yes, a shopping guide would be great cos I’m ashamed to say that I didn’t even know this shop existed… Oops *blush*

• Allegra 3 years ago

Nice Shop, pity they stole their name & shop logo design from a company in the States!! It really disappoints me to think that a fellow Australian would do such a thing!! Thumbs Down

• imogen 2 years ago

Lovely shop, do they have a website? I cant seem to locate it, thankyou.

• Ani 2 years ago

I love this store. Always leave with something amazing. Bought an incredible cheese board today. Looking forward to moving into my new place and filling it up with goodies from here

• kym 5 months ago

Lovely shops like this are very few and far between.Its worth the drive

• Murph 1 month ago

Hey Lucy!

These photos of this store still don’t look aged at all! I think you should do another story on the Morn Pen and its incredible array of local talent at the moment! Its completely bursting at the seams. From Keepresin, Pooccio, Gili homewares, Emeldo, Sarai Homewares, these are just the very very tip of the iceberg! Something in the water down here at the moment.

You blog never gets old – you keep kicking goals. Go Girl! x