Shopping

Koskela at Rosebery

Monday 27th February 2012

Brand new Koskela showroom at Rosebery! SO good.

Koskela lampshades, Kate Banazi prints!

Bedlinen by Castle and other people

Designer details at Koskela’s new showroom.  Top right, bedlinen by Castle and cushions by Curio & Curio.  Bottom left, hand printed plaques by Me & Amber, bottom right – room dividing screens by Koskela.

Happy Monday blog lovers!

If you follow TDF on Twitter perhaps you already know I’ve been in Sydney for the last few days – shooting houses, checking out the trade shows and generally dashing about spending too much money on taxis.  One of the MAIN reasons for this brief interstate jaunt was to check out Koskela‘s new showroom at Rosebery.

O.M.G.

Believe the hype, people.  It is BEYOND amazing.

We’re talking one seriously MASSIVE and truly beautiful industrial space that also houses the brilliant Kitchen by Mike cafe (cute review and pics here) and Megan Morton’s School, photographic studio and Propery.  Talk about dream team.

MANY of our fave local brands are represented in Koskela’s epic retail space – they include Bonnie and Neil, Castle, Planet Luxe, Quiescence Candles, Greg Hatton, Loom Rugs, and, drum roll please – new bespoke BEDLINEN by KATE BANAZI!

Kate Banazi screenprinted one-of-a-kind bedlinen!

Kate Banazi also has a fab exhibition of new limited edition prints on display here to coincide with the launch of the new space – they’re framed by the very brilliant Ryan Ward at United Measures (because fluoro artwork demands fluoro corners, you know).  The prints start at just $79 unframed. I don’t know how this is actually possible for locally printed limited edition arty goodness but I strongly advise Banazi fans to make a purchase before someone realises there’s been some kind of pricing mistake.

Anyhoo I am not sure words really do this place justice so I think perhaps I should just let you admire the pics.   Sandblasted brickwork + sawtooth roof + natural light + sustainable Australian-made furniture and homewares + fluoro accents in every corner = retail heaven.  Get on down there Sydneysiders.  Sydney’s new design hub is born!

I wonder when I will get sick of fluoro homewares… hopefully never.  LOVE those pendants!

Monday 27th February 2012

• Wow, what a beautiful showroom. Too bad I have to wait till this weekend to visit…

• margie 3 years ago

hope you’ve had a great time in Sydney – I can’t WAIT to see this space in the flesh… Like a mini-TDF open house in our own backyard!

• jade miles 3 years ago

What an incredible space…If only I could live in something like that!

• Brendan 3 years ago

Lucy… Don’t make the world think that $79 for an original print is inexpensive…. (this is how we ended up having 2 of Australia’s capital cities on a listing on the worlds most expensive cities top 10)
    Its a really reasonable price and makes it accessible to all and should be commended for this act of kindness…
    I think everyone should snap up these amazing pieces and support such a great talent to create more amazing and interesting works, which hopefully are affordable for all. (I know I will be looking into a couple and some crazy cool linen… even though I bought some brand new linen on the weekend and have a laundry press thats over flowing, and thats not a joke…) I want to see more of that raw timber 4 poster bed… I wish I didn’t live in a city apartment and could fit that in… its dreamy… I could see that in a garden setting….

• Beatrice 3 years ago

Brilliant! I’ve just moved to Sydney and this is something I am definitely checking out this week, thank you!

• Catherine 3 years ago

Love this, and agree, keeping the prices for the posters accessible, is so refreshing . We are such an expensive nation these days, hence shop online for OS prices; buying locally at affordable will only help all our local talent and industries.

• ApetitPois 3 years ago

This space is just wonderful! I envy you. I am in love with this fluo lampshades! With the rustic/industrial style of the showroom, it goes perfectly. Thanks for sharing :)
    I just launched http://apetitpoisdesign.blogspot.com.au/
    Design inspirations from Melbourne and other.. from a french girl! Hope one day I’ll capture beautiful pics as you do :)
    xx

• Melissa 3 years ago

Who doesn’t love fluoro?

• deb 3 years ago

super inspiring :)

• Leslie 3 years ago

Oooh Fluoro…..love! Especially against a neutral backdrop! Loving the Koskela lampshade….I must have one of those.
    Great pick me up for a dreary dark day in Melbourne.

• Jo 3 years ago

If you have a chance check out the Object Gallery on Bourke Street, Surry Hills- they have great/interesting exhibition on at the moment that you’d like (those pendants reminded me of it!). http://www.object.com.au/exhibitions-events/on-now/

• Koskela 3 years ago

Thank you SO MUCH to the amazing Lucy for these beautiful photos, and insanely awesome compliments. We are all a little bit chuffed here in the office, and love the way you captured the show room. And look at Kate Banazi’s amazing prints!! Unbelievably talented.

• kylie T 3 years ago

thanks for the review Lucy – have been just a little bit excited to see the new store – sounds amazing.
    kindest
    kylie

• Ellen @ Moyarta 3 years ago

The fluro bedlinen is stunning. These colours and prints would look great on the table too, especially with one or more of the hanging lamps above. Gorgeous.

• omg this place looks AMAZING!!! i would totally love to go!!!! wish i lived in sydney!

• Zoe 3 years ago

Such an inspiring space! Loving all the colours…

• Rebecca 3 years ago

I am soooo excited!! This is right near my house!! Kitchen by Mike can be my local!!

• We’re really looking forward to coming to visit Koskela — I make furniture from recycled timber (over the other side of the Great Dividing Range, near Mudgee) and I think we’ll find lots in common. Your space looks amazing — brilliant concept.