Shopping

Country Road – Autumn 2012

Monday 6th February 2012

New Homewares from the Country Road Autumn 2012 collection

I have a confession to make.  Whilst you know I do love and support with all my heart the immense talent of Australia’s independent design community, there is also just one high street store that I am a MASSIVE, die-hard fan of.

You guessed it.  I am a closet Country Road groupie.

I can’t help it!  CR just do such a consistently great job – particularly when it comes to homewares and accessories.  Country Road were the first Australian ‘lifestyle’ brand, and you gotta hand it to them – as a company, over the past 20 years Country Road really have defined a quintessentially ‘Australian’ sense of style.

Having said that, the brand new Country Road Autumn 2012 range does have a refreshingly Scandi look going on.  The campaign, of course, is styled to perfection – all rustic blonde timber, chunky textures and faux fur.  As usual I am wishing all the kids clothes came in grown-up sizes… but the pieces that really sing to me are the stunning ceramics and tableware, pictured above. OH my. GREY AND YELLOW!?  My fave colour combo – how did they know!?  Beautiful.

There is one cute fun fact I have to share too.  My dear pal Simone Elder is one of the extremely talented designers at studio Ortolan, and she works on all Country Road’s catalogues and beautiful promotional material.  After our TDF Open House event in December, Sim asked what we were doing with the cute little timber pegs we had made for display in the house. Turns out she was after some for this Country Road shoot!  And so, if you have an eagle eye you will spot one lonely little timber peg, sitting pride of place on the wall in the image below!   It was made by my dear fella Gordon for TDF Open House, and thanks to Sim it’s now gracing the front of the current Country Road catalogue!  I am weirdly chuffed about that. Thanks Sim and thankyou Country Road!

Country Road Autumn 2012 collection

Monday 6th February 2012

• Sim (not Elder!) 3 years ago

Agree it is such a beautiful, calming colour combo! That peg is going places hehe.

• I’m with you. I want every single item in this season’s homeware. But before I get into trouble with my boyfriend, I better just settle for the water jug.

• Tina Ramchandani 3 years ago

I’m really jealous. I don’t think we have this store in New York!

• I was just making a list of items that I would like to buy from the CR catalogue I received last week in the post; needless to say that list has to be edited if I want to be able to use by credit card! I did notice the new look of the ceramics – gorgeous – very 70’s scandi feel.

• jas 3 years ago

Ooooo, I just got their catalogue in the mail and am loving the fresh scandi take on Aussie style. Like you I’m a fan of Country Road and my current (I’ve a few) crockery collection is country road along with a few other homewares and a good mix and match portion of my wardrobe is thanks to the CR team!

Fab work on the little peg, I suppose it’s good to know that beneath the jacket is another little peg….

Ps why do their spend and save offers always come when I’ve told myself not to buy anything else?

• Barbara Fisher 3 years ago

I agree, CR is the one high street shop I go back to time and time again. And I’m obsessed with timber, grey and yellow! Want it all!

• Kate 3 years ago

I was eyeing off those milk pourers on the weekend. Country Road ceramics and glassware are my go to and the quality has always been great.

• Giselle 3 years ago

Some of the ceramics look a lot like some Mikasa pieces I have.

• Karen 3 years ago

Was a little surprised to see you featuring Country Road but love that Jug and the photos are fantastic – Think I might also be a closet CR Junkie!!!

• Camille Santiago 3 years ago

I’m definitely a CR junkie, but there’s no secret about it. Their consistent brilliance and simplicity in their design just keeps me coming back for more. Their autumn/winter collections are always my favourite.

• Coral and Coast 3 years ago

I was so excited to see the CR catalogue in my inbox! Love the on trend yellow and scandi styling, very chic! xo K

• Scandi Coast Home 3 years ago

You just cost me a lotta money!!!
    I LoVe everything…………
    Tania Maree xx

• Melissa 3 years ago

I received the catalogue Friday and then couldn’t sleep friday night because i was so excited to go and buy the doona cover and throw on the saturday……Love it!

• alex sunday 3 years ago

eek, i’m a sucker for yellow and grey too, and i do love that jug.
    having said that, i was pretty disappointed when CR started manufacturing their clothing overseas a while back. i’m all for being competitive, but i think that a company that trades on its australian image, needs to be able to back it up. i’ll put my soapbox away now and go back to drooling over that jug. :)

• megan 3 years ago

country road. totally proud.

• kez 3 years ago

so funy becuase i just cut out that exact picture from the catalogue and put it on my pinboard!!