Textiles

Salvation Jane Home

Thursday 20th October 2011

Salvation Jane Home linen.  Shots by Mike Baker, Styling by Heather Nette King.

Gorgeous shots of the very first Salvation Jane Home range!  Shots by Mike Baker, Styling by Heather Nette King.

Salvation Jane Home linen.  Shots by Mike Baker, Styling by Heather Nette King.

You may remember the very gorgeous home of actress Jane Hall, blogged here a few months ago.  You may also recall from that post that after moving on from her role in Neighbours earlier this year, Jane launched an inspired and very hands-on little interior design and styling service called Salvation Jane!

What I love most about Jane’s approach is that it’s not about making big expensive changes – it’s a service that bridges the gap between high-end interior design and personal home styling consultation.  Jane is all about making your home look the best it can, without ditching all your old stuff!  For a modest fee she will come to your place and brainstorm what you can do to re-invigorate your home with nothing more than a little imagination and elbow grease! OH and a good splash of colour!

BUT it doesn’t stop there.  Jane has also spent the best part of this year designing her very own product range – and it just launched this week!  The Salvation Jane Home range features bedlinen, floor cushions and scatter cushions in great vibrant colours, designed by Jane and hand printed right here in Melbourne.  Big congratulations Jane!

I asked Jane about this recent move from acting into the world of interiors and product design… here’s what she had to say -

“I have been acting professionally for the better part of thirty years, and it is a career I find immensely fulfilling.  However, the work is sporadic, and often not child friendly, and I have long had a strong desire to have a little more control over my working life.

Creating a business that I was solely responsible for has satisfied my desire for autonomy and been creatively rewarding.  I’ve always been really into design, having regrettably never completed my Fashion degree at RMIT, I’ve been desperate to design stuff, and homewares it is!   My parents are very creative and passed on a strong work ethic, and I’ve never been scared of a challenge, which ‘Salvation Jane Home’ certainly is!”

I love Jane’s brave cheerful colours – those cross floor cushions are such a winner! ALSO I must say you have just gotta admire Jane’s incredible energy and determination… do show your support with a little visit to her online shop!

Yeah.  She’s totally gorgeous too. :)

Thursday 20th October 2011

• I love these! The pops of colors are just soo fun.

• Ashley Elrod 3 years ago

Adore! really inspiring design

• mariana 3 years ago

beautiful!
    those gorgeous cushions certainly satisfy my cross obsession!
    i just ordered a couple in charcoal!

• Anonymous 3 years ago

I see freedom of speech isn’t appreciated on this blog so I will post again.

This is the worst Design File email I have seen to date. It’s boring and uninspiring.

• Anon 3 years ago

Unfortunately…I completely agree with the above comment.

• Lucy 3 years ago

Thanks for the lovely comments Connie, Ashley and Mariana! I love these too!

As for our friendly anonymous commenters – come on now, let’s be constructive.

You can’t possibly love every single TDF post. I can’t please everyone all of the time. Personally, I love these pieces by Jane (or I wouldn’t have blogged them), but it’s not entirely unbearable if you occasionally see something here that you’re not 100% in love with, is it?

Everyone on the mailing list has elected to be there, and it’s super easy to unsubscribe.

• Jane from Adelaide 3 years ago

Last time I checked, this was a FREE blog – we don’t pay for any of the content – and most of the time, like 99.9% of the time, it’s brilliant! So I don’t get it when people have to whinge and moan and be critical when, god forbid, they see or read something once in a while that they don’t like or enjoy. And why are they ALWAYS anonymous?!?!? So annoying, it’s not like we’re all being forced to subscribe or read the emails and there are millions of other design blogs out there – go read something else if you don’t like this one! I’m all for free speech, but I agree with Lucy, keep it constructive. Anyway, enough of my rant ….

the only thing I’m disappointed about with Jane Hall’s range is that the gorgeous red and green rugs on the beds aren’t also for sale! Really hope she does well and expands this range. Good luck Jane, and thanks TDF for sharing. Great post!

• Sally 3 years ago

I agree that Design Files is pretty much always fabulous and I wouldn’t normally comment on a post (unless to say something glowingly positive) but I feel there is some justification for the critical comments from “anonymous” and “anon”. There seems to be something jarringly out of place about this particular post, it just doesn’t seem like the product discussed is of the same calibre as that usually mentioned on TDF. It looks and feels a bit like a Woman’s Day feature! But then again, it’s probably just a matter of taste and obviously, judging from the other comments, many TDF readers found it interesting and inspiring.

• Lucy 3 years ago

Thanks Sally for your comment :)

Very interesting feedback, although I must say I do struggle to understand this viewpoint because i have covered many similar products in the past (Castle bedlinen, Aunty Cookie products). In my mind the Salvation Jane range falls into a very similar category. I think perhaps its the photos that make this post feel out of place, because they are styled in a similar way to many commercial magazines (and in fact styled by a stylist who works for these magazines). AND the cute portrait, which I don’t often share purely because I am no good at taking portraits. But this one was so cute I couldn’t help but include it.

Anyway thanks all for your feedback!

Moving on! x