Shopping

Jardan Loves Brisbane

Thursday 15th September 2011

Jardan’s new ‘Bandy‘ turned timber occasional table range

Ok so I admit it, I have a few favourites.  No surprises there.  What can I say?  I just get a bit excited about beautifully designed, great quality product – and if it’s made in Australia, even better.   As you may know, Melbourne-based furniture designers and manufacturers Jardan are way up there on my notorious favourites list (hey, at least I admit it!).

Jardan make the most stunning furniture right here in Melbourne.  You may remember I once visited their incredible and very busy workshop in Mount Waverley… I was so thrilled to see their full range, from upholstered chairs and couches to coffee tables, dining tables and cabinetry, all being expertly produced locally.  (And GECA certified too!).  A rare and beautiful thing.  I’ve been a fan every since.  I highly recommend their beautiful custom-made pieces (if you ‘like’ TDF on facebook, you may recall I finally splashed out on a proper ‘grown-up’ couch from Jardan a few months ago!  Aghh soooo special!)

Like all the very best design companies, Jardan doesn’t sit still for very long.  No sooner have they launched one new range, than another appears!  Recently they launched a bunch of new product at Saturday in Design in Sydney – including the gorgeous ‘Bandy‘ range pictured above.  There is something so brilliantly retro about this turned timber range – I love the weighty solid timber and those killer curves!

ALSO, this year Jardan are dipping their toe in the retail market with a brand new retail showroom in Brisbane – exciting times!  Until now Jardan have worked only in the wholesale market – dealing directly with architects, interior designers and retailers.  Brisbane customers, however, now have the opportunity to shop in Jardan’s first ever retail store… and it looks amazing!  A massive warehouse in Fortitude Valley, styled to perfection with all Jardan’s signature pieces in store (plus a range of Loom rugs!), this fab new showroom is sure to gather a loyal local following before long!

Please note that Jardan does not currently sell direct to the public in any other capital cities – purchases can be made elsewhere in Australia through an interior designer / architect, or retailers listed here.

Jardan – Brisbane Retail Showroom
1045 Ann st
Fortitude Valley
Brisbane

ph. (07) 3257 0098

Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm
Saturday 10.00am – 4.00pm

ps) Click here to re-visit last year’s interview with Nick Garnham of Jardan, including behind the scenes pics of the Jardan workshop in Melbourne.

Jardan’s new Brisbane showroom. LOVE that dining setting especially super cute Sunday dining chairs!

Jardan’s new Brisbane showroom.  I can almost hear the cicadas :)

Thursday 15th September 2011

• Jenniffer 3 years ago

Shhhhhh! Don’t tell anyone but jardan has a killer warehouse sale each year in mt waverley that is open to the public! I bought a gorgeous chair for a ridiculous price-our designer quoted us $4300. We bought the same chair for $150. It had a sratch on the leather. We had it recovered in a gorgeous fabric and it cost $700 in total!

• Lee 3 years ago

Lucy – it’s wonderful to see Brisbane appear on The Design Files!

• Lauren 3 years ago

Jardan = furniture love. Lucy – I am sure you can convince them to open a retail space in Melbs!

• Margie 3 years ago

Your behind the scenes look at Jardan’s company really helped me promote the company to my clients Lucy. Few companies have such integrity.
    And hasn’t Brisvegas changed in the years since I left… In 1994 it was still a big country town! I go back now to visit family, and almost can’t recognise New Farm where I used to live…

• Bec 3 years ago

I am so excited Brisbane is getting Jardan and Brisbane is on TDF. I drool over all the lovely designers and wares from Sydney and Melbourne etc, but I don’t get to visit them. Can’t wait to go into Jardan see for myself how beautiful their pieces are.

• Caroline 3 years ago

I’ve just bought our first grown up couch from Jardan Brisane! Hoorah! The ‘Nook’ sofa. It’s gorgeous!

• Amanda 3 years ago

Gee how I wish Jardan’s showroom in Melbourne was ‘retail’ too. Pretty please Jardan?? Have you considered doing this, as it would be much easier for time poor consumers like myself who arevready to buy your furniture?

• Lucy 3 years ago

Thanks so much for your lovely comments ladies! Big hi to the brisbane based readers!

I WISH I was more across Brisbane news guys! Please keep me in the loop with what’s happening in your sunny city… ! Nothing like local knowledge :) x

• Jessica 3 years ago

Dining setting = LOVE!

• This looks like haven for those who are into home interiors and stuff.

• Angela Vasquez 2 years ago

they have amazing stuff! friendly design and very comfortable too!