Shopping

Habbot Shoes Pop-Up

Thursday 8th September 2011
Melbourne shoe designer Annie Abbott of Habbot at her pop-up shop this month! Photos by Armelle Habib.

Habbot pop-up shop at the GPO.  Photos by Armelle Habib.

I got a lovely email a little while back from Melbourne-based shoe designer Annie Abbott.  Annie  launched her shoe label Habbot 12 months ago and has just put out her third season range.   I am loving the classic ‘Careme’ lace-up oxford in super soft glove leather – sweet yet smart!  This is what I imagine grown-ups wear to ‘the office’.  Designed out of Annie’s home studio in St Kilda, the range is entirely handcrafted in Naples, Italy – where Annie travels four times a year to oversee production.

Annie has a buying background – her first ‘real job’ was as a junior buyer at net-a-porter’s London head office.  Ooh la la!  Tres cool.  After moving back to Australia, she spent two years at Sass & Bide in Sydney, and then six years at the now dismantled Figgins group (the company behind Midas, Mollini, Evelyn miles, Shoo biz, Scooter and Florsheim).  12 months ago Annie threw it all in to give her own shoe design dream a whirl!  Gotta love that get-up-and-go!

Habbot stock various retailers nationally, but this month Annie is dipping her toe in the big wide world of retail, with a pop-up shop – open until Sept 30 at Melbourne’s GPO.  You can also buy online!

Habbot Pop-Up Shop
Shop F21, Level 1
Melbourne GPO
350 Bourke Street (corner of Bourke and Elizabeth)

GPO Opening Hours

Monday – Thursday 10.00am – 6.00pm
Friday 10.00am – 7.00pm
Saturday 10.00am – 6.00pm
Sunday 11.00am – 5.00pm

ps. Annie has a blog too – search back through the archives to see the shoe factory in Naples where Habbot shoes are made!

Habbot pop-up shop at the GPO.  Photos by Armelle Habib.

Thursday 8th September 2011

• Sarah 3 years ago

Oooh I love a pop up shop ….and I love someone following their dream even more.

• Al 3 years ago

I just love the shop and how the design of the space really compliments the shoes. What a neat way to display them, by stringing them up like that! Very cool.

• Liv 3 years ago

I am the proud owner of a pair of Annie’s shoes and they are the most amazingly comfortable shoes. The leather is just SOOOO soft and the craftsmanship and design are impeccable. Super cool, easy to wear and they make me look good- what more could a girl ask for in a pair of shoes? xx

• sophie 3 years ago

I love the cut out sandles and the pop up shop looks fabulous.. great visual merchandising! May I ask where you found that amazing red metal mesh sculpture?

• Lauren 3 years ago

I’d love to know where that sculpture cam from I have been looking everywhere for these lately!!!. Amazing shop, concept and shoes!!!!!!

• Annie from habbot 3 years ago

Wow – what great comments. We are very very excited to be on TDF today!!! trust me – I mean really excited!! The mesh giraffe is by local artist Tom Ripon. He’s based in both Thorbury … and somewhere else in Country Victoria! You can email him (as i did after seeing his work outside the National Gallery a few months back) on this email address: blat63@optusnet.com.au – thanks for the excitement about our little shop! Annie.

• Em 3 years ago

Oh the red ‘Careme’ shoes are too cute. Straight on the wishlist!

• Joh 3 years ago

Looks lovely. Congratulations Annie. I went to another pop up shop on Lygon St today. Another talented shoey gang member, Phong Chi Lai has his shoes in it. DREAMY. I’ll have to follow it up with a trip to the Habbot store. Awesome week for fashion this one.

• Danielle 3 years ago

You have the most BEAUTIFUL shoes!! (I wish I could order 4 pairs right now) Congrats on such a great accomplishment… the popup shop looks fantastic!

• Alexandra Hanna 3 years ago

I would LOVE a copy of DesignSponge*Home…too amazing!

• Rebecca Thompson 3 years ago

Annie’s shoes & shop is heaven.A must see.RTx