Uncategorized

Blacklist Studio Prints

Thursday 7th July 2011

Art prints by Sydney-based Blacklist Studio Prints

I must admit there are quite a LOT of design studios doing affordable art prints these days… but you know, quantity does not always equal quality!  Sydney-based Blacklist Studio Prints has a super cute range of mainly typographic designs which really stand out from the crowd.  They’ve just launched their second collection, inspired by a universal theme – you guessed it, L.O.V.E!

Blacklist is husband and wife team Nathan and Jaynie Johnson.  After many years working as an art director, Nathan launched Blacklist Studio in 2008, offering graphic design and art direction services to an impressive stable of clients including One Teaspoon, Quiksilver, and Sony.  In 2009, with the impending birth of their daughter Willow, Jaynie joined the business and started Blacklist Studio Prints.

I am loving the graphic  ‘You Are The Best Thing‘ print with it’s geometric shapes and fab yellow / grey colour combo.  At the opposite end of the design spectrum, the super simple, sketchy ‘You’re my No. 1‘ is also calling my name…. although I guess I can’t exactly go buying one of these for myself now, can I?

Blacklist Studio Prints start at $49.95, and ingeniously, all prints come in sizes which perfectly fit those standard Ikea Ribba frames.  Handy!

I am awarding Blacklist special bonus points also for not making anything that looks like a tram / bus scroll.  Sheesh.  It’s over, people. ;)

Nathan and Jaynie Johnson and baby Willow!  Yep, talented AND good-looking.

Thursday 7th July 2011

• Dusty Plum 3 years ago

I’m with you I love that ‘You’re the Best Thing’ print, however I *DO* think that you should buy it for yourself!! Why not?!

• jas 3 years ago

I was made for loving you baby – can’t help but see visions ewan mcgregor in moulin rouge (singing to me, not nicole) *sigh*

• clairsy 3 years ago

wow, I’ve never made an internet purchase so quickly, my head is spinning – I had to have the “you are the best thing” print, the colours are perfect. Thanks for the hot framing tip too (i hate when the framing costs more than the artwork).

PS Right on re: those tram scroll posters – enough! Same goes for Keep Calm and Carry on and all associated spin-offs.

• Lyndal 3 years ago

jas, you’re lucky you get that vision. unfortunately for me, it was Gene Simmons :(

thanks for sharing another wonderful find Lucy!

• Paula 3 years ago

ha ha ha ha ……….so over! as are owls! please no more owls…….

• archie 3 years ago

wow…gotta get those prints….and how gorgeous is little Willow….i bet she has a really really good-looking uncle…

• Seb 3 years ago

Wow I have just discovered your fantastic blog. Great prints.

• Suzie 3 years ago

I love these prints. I think my favourites are the “Home is you” and “I was made”

• Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blog and I’m inspired! Extremely helpful information specially the ultimate part :) I deal with such info a lot. I used to be looking for this certain info for a very lengthy time. Thanks and good luck.