Uncategorized

DANIEL EMMA – Our World – A Typical Day

by Jenny Butler
Tuesday 22nd March 2011

Today we see what kind of mischief Daniel and Emma get up to on a typical day in Adelaide – it all looks like great fun! Remember to leave a comment anytime before Friday to go into the draw to win your favourite piece from their fabulous D.E range. – Jenny x

Our garden

It may not be on the top of your paces to visit list, but regardless Adelaide is wonderful.  Our lives here are relatively simple and uncomplicated (most of the time). We want to show you what a typical day involves for us, well actually there is no such thing as a typical day, but if we had one (hopefully one day) this is what it would consist of!

Here we go! A typical day with Daniel + Emma….

Our Pashley Bikes – our favourite acquisition, we first saw these on The Design Files!  We ride these babies everywhere!

Cleaning and Packing DANIEL EMMA products

Picnics!! If we have a day off on a sunny day we end up on our Pashleys to a grass patch with some food!

We always end up at Spotlight for something, especially for fluoro ribbon! A trip to here once a week is essential.

Vietnamese! This is a regular lunch meal.

We love things, especially lots of little things piled up on table!  It seems every week we acquire things we don’t need but have to have.

Seeing our niece and nephews is one of the best things to make a bad day good.  They are always there to cover us in glitter or make us a cup of tea!

Taken for granted, the beach is 5 mins from home/office, lunch time dips are a must!

Port Adelaide is where we live and where we spend most of our time.

We eat far too many of these Port Adelaide Donuts.

Some mornings we go and visit our goat friends who guard a big scrap yard around the corner from home, we take them carrots and other tasty treats.

We are at the Port Adelaide Markets most Sundays, eating mini-donuts and lollies and scrounging for treasures, last week we bought some beautiful Wade houses, and a book about ropes.

- Daniel + Emma x

by Jenny Butler
Tuesday 22nd March 2011

• Jessie 4 years ago

Guard goats?!?!? That might be the most amazing thing I have seen all week!

• mish 4 years ago

the Port Adelaide markets look lovely. And Emma’s short hair is gorgeous!

• Vanessa 4 years ago

I loved this post, it’s a “typical day” to aspire to. Makes me want to visit Port Adelaide too.

• Rebecca 4 years ago

seems like an awesome life… I want a typical day like this!!

• Joanne 4 years ago

Wow it’s like a trip down memory lane :D I remember those goats I use to walk that way every Saturday before I moved, I must do that this weekend if I can!

I love your typical day <3

• mark 4 years ago

insightful…a nice typical day! i like it…

• Kate 4 years ago

Happy days!!

• Clare 4 years ago

I am so jealous of your garden. It’s lovely.

• ruth hickson 4 years ago

Love the bikes

• Meaghan 4 years ago

Lovely photos – It makes me want to visit Adelaide again. Thanks for the gardens and crafty goodness too!

• rachael 4 years ago

you guys have nailed quality of life,you know where it’s at!!
    rachael

• kirstin 4 years ago

All looks lovely and sunny! I wish I lived near the beach.
    Looking forward to the rest of your posting.

• Lynda 4 years ago

If only every day was like your typical day, lovely I’m envious!!!

• joyjoyc 4 years ago

Those doughnuts are making me hungry!

• Gem 4 years ago

You guys are great! Loved this post.

• Madeleine 4 years ago

Your work is soooo great and cool. Sigh.
    And this looks like a fantastic day!

• Sarah A 4 years ago

I also wish my days could be like this, it’s been a long time since I’ve visited SA but your guest blog is convincing me more and more each day that’s it’s time I visited again.

• Toe 4 years ago

I adore you guys so much! It’s one of the greatest things about South Australia that we have DANIEL EMMA :) :)

• sandra 4 years ago

such a wonderful typical day, creativity is truly an adventure. love your designs by the way! ♥

• leah 4 years ago

This seems like an awesome life… I’d love a typical day like this!!

• The Beautiful Soup 4 years ago

Yay for Daniel & Emma showing how fabulous Adelaide is x

• suzy 4 years ago

I’ve never visited Adelaide, but your words and pictures make it look wonderful. Especially the donuts.

• sarah 4 years ago

yay RADelaide! You’ve made it look so very lush I want to come home!

• elissa c 4 years ago

If this is what a typical Adelaide day is like, I want to move there too!

• Mohamad 2 years ago

Rhodiola Rosea is the latest nartaul remedy to join the arsenal of nartaul anxiety and stress (rhodiola rosea root extract) reducers. Rhodiola Rosea, also known as Golden Root, is a native plant of arctic Siberia. For centuries it has been used by eastern European and Asian cultures for physical endurance, work productivity, longevity, resistance to high altitude sickness, and to treat fatigue, depression, anemia, impotence, gastrointestinal ailments, infections, and nervous system disorders. The first recorded medicinal applications of rodia riza (renamed Rhodiola Rosea) was made by the Greek physician, Dioscorides, in 77 C.E. in ‘De Materia Medica’. Rhodiola Rosea has been included in official Russian medicine since 1969. Despite its long history, the Western world has only recently become aware of the health benefits of Rhodiola Rosea. It has come to the attention of many nartaul health practitioners because of studies which tested its affects on combating anxiety and stress. Rhodiola Rosea is considered an adaptogen. This means it has an overall stabilizing effect on the body without disrupting other functions. Its ability to normalize hormones may be effective for treating depression and anxiety. Studies of Rhodiola Rosea show that it stimulates neurotransmitters and enhances their effects on the brain. This includes the ability for the brain to process serotonin which helps the body to adapt to stress. Since adaptogens improve the body’s overall ability to handle stress, it has been studied to identify it’s effects on biological, chemical and physical stress. A study was performed to test the effects of Rhodiola Rosea when stress or rhodiola rosea root extract is caused by intense mental work (such as final exams). Such tests concluded that using Rhodiola Rosea improved the amount and quality of work, increasing mental clarity and reducing the effects of fatigue. The effects of Rhodiola Rosea have also been tested on stress and anxiety from both physical and emotional sources. A report by the American Botanical Council states that “Most users find that it improves their mood, energy level, and mental clarity.” They also report on a study that indicated Rhodiola Rosea could increase stress tolerance while at the same time protecting the brain and heart from the physical affects of stress. This report included details of studies which highlight the overall health benefits of Rhodiola Rosea. The generally recommended dose is 200-600mg/day. The active properties should be a minimum 0.8 percent salidroside and 3 percent rosavin. It is important for consumers to know that Rhodiola may be sold using other species that do not share the properties of Rhodiola Rosea, rhodiola rosea root extract, or at ineffective strengths for treatment. Anyone with depression or anxiety should also check with a health professional when treating these symptoms.