Uncategorized

Nook Vintage

Thursday 24th February 2011

Eclectic finds at Fitzroy shop Nook Vintage

Nook Vintage

If there is one retail ‘genre’ Melbourne does REALLY do well, it would have to be Vintage / Industrial.  You’d THINK this corner of the market was well and truly covered by now, but NO – despite the competition, more outlets seem to pop up all the time, and amazingly, they ALL do a thriving trade!  I guess it just really just goes to show what great taste we Melburnians have!  :)

Nook Vintage is one of the newer kids on the block (having just turned one year old!), and it’s another gorgeous little goldmine well worth visiting when you’re next on the Northside!  The obligatory industrial finds are all here – chunky timber benches, rustic metal lockers and pigeonholes etc… all jostling for attention amongst vintage flags and bunting, reclaimed signage, sporting ephemera, science lab glassware and knick knacks.  What sets Nook Vintage apart is a carefully selected range of vintage fashion and accessories, and also a smattering of new brands including soft furnishings by brilliant Sydney design house Pony Rider.  It’s a well-stocked and beautifully styled space, lovingly curated by UK-born expats Rachel and Gary Lewarne.  Whilst they’re well and truly Australian residents now, Rachel and Gary’s shop does definitely have a strong sense of Brit flavour about it –  must be all those Union Jacks!

Nook Vintage is open seven days – opening hours in the pics below!

Nook Vintage
258 Johnston st
Fitzroy

The rear of the store features fashion finds and accessories, plus those beautiful Pony Rider cushions

Nook Vintage interior and trading hours

Thursday 24th February 2011

• Teresa 4 years ago

We are indeed a city with a love for things old school. I absolutely love the flags and beakers, what great inspiration!

• Christy 4 years ago

Oh yay! Well done on featuring my favourite shop Lucy, Nook is the best! Rachel and Gary are super lovely too, it makes the place even better :-) My only problem is that I rarely leave Nook without taking some huge piece of industrial furniture or a sparkly top with me and my house is starting to get a little crowded …

• Cornflakes & Honey 4 years ago

I visited last year, it’s such a great shop. Fitzroy is the best for vintage finds :)

• Lucy 4 years ago

Ooh this is just my cuppa tea! How did I not know about this place before?!?….. And being an ex-Brit I love the union jacks! ;-)

• Niki Hodgson 4 years ago

All of these trasures are stunning! I want them all, but especially the buntin hanging from the ceiling.
    Thank you for the post!
    Niki @ http://little-quaint-moments-and-memories.blogspot.com/

• Kate B. 4 years ago

I live round the corner from Katie, can she ask me around for dinner please?!

• Kate B. 4 years ago

I meant that to go under the other post, whoops!

• Laura 4 years ago

Great post. The anatomy poster are fabulous! Vintage lovers you will also probably appreciate this http://www.aliceindesignland.com/blog/inside-look-kay-loves-vintage.html