Craft

AURA Travels by Colour – Grey

by Jenny Butler
Wednesday 9th February 2011

Today is a delightfully grey day with Tracie (and her sidekick Jaine) of AURA as they travel through Europe. I’m a little bit obsessed with grey these days. As I type this in my grey lounge room drinking coffee from my Cool Grey Pantone mug, I can’t help but think if how much I NEED those grey knitted balls! – Jenny x

I love grey in all shades from Dove through to the deepest of smoky Charcoals. Contrasting and toning back with Black, Taupe and off White – I hope you like the subtlety of today’s post.

At the top, each of these shop windows uses monotones successfully, from amazing sculpted elephants to the tiny specks of snow on crafty knitted balls, which are just too sweet.

We loved these iconic oversized images of London that greeted us at Heathrow, very welcoming indeed.

Grey days on our first ever visit to Copenhagen. But it’s such a beautiful & inspirational city that we didn’t mind the weather one bit.

Stunning decorative glass ceiling of Bon Marche in Paris. Tired feet but happy smiles after days and days of walking.

Tracie x

by Jenny Butler
Wednesday 9th February 2011

• Courtney Day 4 years ago

Yes the colour grey certainly epitomises the European Winter! I can see how it may get depressing for those who live there, but for a little while I think it’s actually quite romantic and mysterious.

• Margo Carlon 4 years ago

Fabulous photos, I adore rich ,vibrant colour, however there is a strength and beauty with monochromatic images, thankyou.
    Cheers Margo

• Sian 4 years ago

photos of feet (in shoes too) always make me smile! a perfect composition too :)

• anna 4 years ago

Mmm I too have been obsessed with greys and mixing textured nuetrals for years. I have a set of slate grey sheets (yes they are Aura) and and a soft pale silver grey doona cover (yes I have to confess it is an Aura too) (and yes they are amazing and the Doona never needs ironing so of course its my favourite) HOWEVER after seeing the color and pattern and texture of the past few day’s blogs… mmm its time to break out of the soothing layered GREYs …well I will work on it…

• Ms OK 4 years ago

Love this thematic approach you’ve taken to organising your photos and posts Tracie!
    x ms ok

• erin 4 years ago

I have just painted my bedroom wall grey Porters ‘Furnace’ to be exact. Love it!

• Kate 4 years ago

I love grey! We have also painted our walls a light grey and added pops of colour with my gorgeous Aura quilt covers and sheets. I currently have the silver/grey sheets with the beautiful purple spotted cover.

• elissa c 4 years ago

This is a new fave colour. I love the juxtaposition of the grey and the pale pink in the bottom photos.