Uncategorized

AURA Travels by Colour – Green & Blue

by Jenny Butler
Tuesday 8th February 2011

They say “blue and green should never be seen” but today’s Guest Blog proves this wrong! Tracie of AURA features some of the wonderful blue and green sights that she came across while traveling through Europe with her marketing manager Jaine. 2 lovely ladies featuring 2 great colours = a terrific Tuesday. Enjoy! – Jenny x

Painted building in Copenhagen

Today it’s Greens and Blues – Day 2 with 2 of my favourite colours.

Blue is a rather new favourite to me, I must say that I’ve never really been a blue person (athough I am surrounded by blue admirers in the office!), but as blue is such a soothing and calming colour I am starting to warm to it, especially after our visit to “Mary’s” city in Denmark. My new blue is what I am calling “Danish Blue” of course, and all shades of teal and peacock, to soft cloud blue and sea glass.

Green is my colour, my home is an ode to different shades of green and natural tones, I find tones of olive, bottle and soft khakis so easy to live with and mix in with neutrals – plus the odd splash of citrus!

It’s all very green in London! At first glance, this car (top left) looked old and battered, however if you can see the “antique” telephone cord coming from the back of it you’ll note that it’s actually an electric car. It was plugged in to a recharging device on the footpath – very green indeed!

Whilst the sky was grey and snow littered the streets, there was nothing blue about our mood whilst in Copenhagen. Gorgeous painted buildings, fabulous coloured furniture and bicycles galore. This was our first trip to the stunning city, it wasn’t long enough and I am sure we will be back!

At the Copenhagen Building, shades of Citrus seemed to be all around us – we saw plenty of examples in both fashion and homewares. Jaine particularly loved this turquoise chair but couldn’t squeeze it into her bag :( (Yes she is one of those blue admirers I was telling you about!)

Green is everywhere from whimsical advertising (loved this shot at left – and had a desire to buy very cool gumboots on trip!) – to inspired retail displays. The fabulous visual merchandisers that create these displays are to be applauded, some of these are fit to be named art installations – bravo.

-Tracie x

by Jenny Butler
Tuesday 8th February 2011

• Courtney Day 4 years ago

That first photo is amazing! I love all the coloured buildings overseas – it’s something we don’t see much in the Australian cityscape. There’s always something so romantic about vintage bicycles too… and gumboots with parasols?! Brilliant!

• Belinda Jessup 4 years ago

My favourite colours wow!

• cleamoureuse 4 years ago

I’m warming to blue too :) Really like the fashion image with gumboots! Merci!

• zhen 4 years ago

I love the colour combination of green and blue so fresh.

• Sally 4 years ago

Love the “green” electric car, and the vibrant lime-green bike is absolutely to die for! By far the best colour out of all the images shown!

• Sam Ingleby 4 years ago

The Anikita Bedlinen is beautiful! Please put me in the running!

• Diane 4 years ago

I also love that first photo of Copenhagen – so pretty. I can’t wait to go there myself!

• Bethany 4 years ago

I have always loved blue – not so keen on the green or the two being seen.

• anna 4 years ago

thats funny I recently bought green and natural linen scatter cushions … after pondering every color of the amazing rainbow and beyond… and was looking at a light teal to put with them only yesterday mmm unfortunately I wasn’t beside our Mary in her city contemplating the joys or hazzards of mixing teals and greens

• Ang Glover 4 years ago

Not sure which entry I like better… the orange one or this one? Both ace.

• Sandra 4 years ago

awesome, green and blue are my fave colours to wear together, forget the never be seen part! love it

• Jo 4 years ago

Lusting after the green bicycle – the slightly brighter shade of lime on the skirt & chain guards is a gorgeous detail.

• Katharine Burke 4 years ago

Danish blue – delicious.

• Amber Phillips 4 years ago

I’ve never met a blue or green that I dont like. Emerald, apple, mint, pea, army, olive & jade. Blueberry, sky, ocean, inky navy, saphire & indigo. It really doesnt matter what the shade.
    I’m picturing my new bedroom…..Anikita bed linen, camel leather arm chair, sunny yellow print on wall, family cuddles in the best dressed bed every morning. Bliss.

• sarah 4 years ago

Definately need more of these colours in our life!

• elissa c 4 years ago

I’ve always been a blue person but recently I’ve been moving over to green – after a few people complimented me on a green dress!

• Moira 4 years ago

Thanks for the inspiration. Trying all week to find the right combination to go with blue. Love the look of the pine around the windows of the blue house. I totally love green. And those cobblestones. Wowee.

• Teresa 4 years ago

Citrus you are my love. So fresh. Teamed with turquoise, fabulous!

• Jennifer 4 years ago

I love the pastel blue and greens of Copenhagen…i would love to visit one day

• Patricia Cleary 4 years ago

A great blog on your fabulous European trip, complete with snow and beautiful things everywhere you went. I particularly love the Paul Smith chairs. They are soooo my colours. Well spotted ladies. Patricia