Shopping

The Vintage Shed

Tuesday 18th January 2011

Vintage & Industrial finds at The Vintage Shed in Tyabb

You can’t beat a good rummage through vintage and industrial knick knacks on a lazy Saturday afternoon, can you?  Trouble is, the good stuff gets snapped up too quickly in this city  – Melburnians just have SUCH good taste (!!), it’s almost impossible to find a bargain anymore. That’s why you have to plan a day trip to The Vintage Shed in Tyabb!

The Vintage Shed is lovingly run by husband and wife team Jodee and Tim Goddard, who set up shop with just 5 stall holders only a year ago, and have already grown to 60 store holders!  Wowsers!  No sign of economic downturn on the Mornington Peninsula, clearly!

The Vintage Shed is essentially a huge warehouse of Vintage stuff from the early 1900s through to the 1980s, all from individual dealers selling under one roof.  Have a look at the pics on their website and you’ll get a better idea of the immense amount of stock we are talking about!  ALSO ‘The Vintage Emporium‘ section has an extensive vintage clothing range, full of amazing designer clothing to rival what you’d find in many city vintage stores.

The Vintage Shed also hosts the local Farmers Market on the 3rd Saturday of every month – the next one scheduled this coming Saturday!  With a sunny 27 degree day forecast, I really can’t think of any excuse not to bundle up your boyfriend / housemate / kids  and head down for a day of vintage fossicking and fish ‘n chips on the beach!

Come on now… summer won’t last forever!

The Vintage Shed
93 Mornington – Tyabb rd
Tyabb

ph. (03) 5977 4195

Open Thurs – Sunday, 10.00am – 5.00pm

Mornington-Tyabb Farmers Market – this Saturday Jan 22nd!
8.00am – 2.00pm

Tuesday 18th January 2011

• Nikki 4 years ago

I think my heart just skipped a beat… vintage nick nack heaven!!!

• Margo Carlon 4 years ago

What a treasure trove, nothing like fossicking through an old shed.

• Ren 4 years ago

Thanks lucy looking forward to checking it out.
    Ren x x

• r 4 years ago

It’s a wonderful place! So many treasures!

• bambi 4 years ago

love this amazing place…it was kind of a secret place for me..well now i guess i have to share it with all your blog readers;), be quick to snap up stacks of treasuries!!!!!

• Kate 4 years ago

I have been meaning to there for a while now! Maybe this weekend will be the one!
    x

• Lauren 4 years ago

I haven’t seen this place – thanks! Once in a while we go to the Packing Shed Antiques which is nearby and I was devestated that the Mornington one closed – and even more devestated that I missed the closing down sale! All I have are the photos I blogged a while ago…
    Will be sure to check this place out!

• jo 4 years ago

oh no. you just told everyone my secret place.
    shhhhh…..

• Deborah Wall 4 years ago

Bless you. There is nothing better than going to my in box and finding out about another Melbourne treasure – thank you for keeping me in the loop.

• Sophie Travers 4 years ago

Those illustrations are very original and interesting. Love ‘em.

• cathy meggs 4 years ago

I love Tali’s illustrations!

• Michelle H 4 years ago

Just stubbled over this blog and don’t want to leave, my eyes are amazed by Tali’s
    creativity, no words could do her justice. LUSH

• Michael 4 years ago

Hi all

Great to see Vintage Shed on here and get the promotion, I have a stall there B3 shown in photo’s featuring Pepsi box & streets sign, this is only a part of our business as we sell on E bay and have a factory in Seaford full of items similar to our stall at 8/2 Apsley Pl Seaford just off East Link. open every Friday & Saturday 10am – 2pm, if you love to browse, resell, or just love the oldwares we are worth a visit for some great priced items

• Eva Heath 4 years ago

i think this will have to be a stop over on my road trip to melbourne from bangalow next week, thanks for sharing, cheers eve

• Notting Hill Girl 4 years ago

Thanks for sharing this! It’s only 25mins away from my friend’s house in Safety Beach so I’ll definitely be dropping in when I visit Melbourne next month!

• Bianca 4 years ago

Thanks for sharing. I went there on the weekend you wrote about. Shame I wasn’t alone though, otherwise I’d have spent heaps more time and money ;)