Craft

Artplay 3D ‘Melbourne’ series by Spacecraft

Monday 10th January 2011

New ‘Melbourne’ Artplay 3D series by Spacecraft

If you are an eagle eye (I know there are a few of you out there!), you may have spotted Spacecraft‘s beautiful ‘Artplay 3D’ screenprinted blocks beautifully arranged on the dining table in Stewart Russell’s Merricks home last week!?  WELL I am so in love with them I just couldn’t leave it at that… I thought they deserved a little post of their own!

Spacecraft’s newest series are these Melbourne-themed Artplay 3D sets, featuring 1960’s and 70’s images of the Royal Exhibition Buildings, Victorian Parliament, The Mercy Hospital, and other iconic Melbourne streets and buildings.  The images are printed onto various reclaimed timber pieces – door pieces, 50’s and 60’s floor boards from the Botany Bay Wool Store, and recycled clear acetate.  The blocks stack and lock together in any configuration you like… for a truly unique and ever-changing artwork!

What a perfect gift this would make – a treasured piece of Melbourne’s varied architectural history, captured in such a unique and contemporary way by one of our most celebrated local design studios. I know Christmas has been already, but I’m just saying…

Limited edition Melbourne Artplay 3D sets – from $220.00
Visit Spacecraft in Fitzroy or Hawksburn to buy!

Monday 10th January 2011

• MyLittleTiara 4 years ago

I love this! I have always wanted to visit Australia…maybe one day! Love the art in this and those images are captured beautifully!

• Sarah B 4 years ago

Yes, I did notice these in the post the other day :) They’re fantastic! But what of Spacecraft’s isn’t?
    How cool would they be stacked on a mantelpiece.

• May Brady 4 years ago

Oh, I love SpaceCraft! I was walking past their store while it was closed on Gertrude St a few days ago and may have left my faceprint on their window :)

• Melissah 4 years ago

I just discovered you blog & loved it. I’m an interior designer from Melbourne & I found it very inspiring. Blogging is all new to me but I have just set up my own blog
    scrapbook-melissah.blogspot.com
    You may like to check it out because I had so much fun doing it. It’s got a bit of everything fashion, interiors, food, travel spots – hopefully you will find something in there that you like.
    Thanks for providing me with such great entertainment!
    Cheers
    Melissah

• Tracy 4 years ago

I purchased a small set just prior to Christmas and love them.

• Stewart Russell 4 years ago

Thanks Lucy, it’s great you’re a fan of the idea too – we’ve had an incredible response from people who now own a set.

Artplay 3D owners have been sending through photos of remarkable constructions made with their Artplay 3D over the holidays – some great ideas / talent out there.

So I’m encouraging people to record their imagined cities, beach houses, churches, power stations etc, before they de-construct and start again and send them to me, I’m thinking about opportunities to exhibit the ingenuity of peoples responses.

see you, Stewart

• materialist 4 years ago

Did I notice them? I noticed… I tracked to the Spacecraft store… I’ve read everything about them and craved more images – thanks for obliging.