Uncategorized

Sarah Dingwall’s Favourite Things – Home Sweet Home

by Jenny Butler
Monday 15th November 2010

This week we are delighted to welcome Sarah Dingwall to the Guest Blog! Sarah is one of the most incredibly talented people I know & I was SO pleased when Sarah agreed to share some of her favourite things with us. Prepare yourself for a truly beautiful week. – Jenny x

All photos by Sarah Dingwall

Hi there! I’ll be sharing some of my favourite things this week.  Shall i start with home?

A few shots from around the Mornington Peninsula. I like it here! Such a place offers many a thing to be found. One of my favourite past times happens to searching for and collecting things from nature. How handy my dashboard has been in this pursuit!

Collection of finds on the dashboard of Sarah’s car

One of the corners of Sarah’s beautiful bedroom

Favourite #2 – GLASS! – Glass has enabled me to count searching and collection as part of my practice: I’m really glad to have stumbled upon such a material! I’m excited about the way it can be used as a solution – to preserve and display various findings.

Some of Sarah’s folio pieces from last year when she majored in Glass at Monash Uni.

A few of the Mornington Peninsula’s beaches get involved…

The integration of Sarah’s surrounds into her work- so breathtaking!

And OH! Another of my favourite things: moths. (and maybe butterflies). Oh and feathers!!

(Thank you Robbie Warden for your photography skills here!)

Collaborating with nature = happy making.

These photos – Robbie Warden

One final favourite for today - flesh and blood !

My Mother, Jane – most encouraging and quite the fine artist.

Sister, Kim – a bit nerdy but has mad illustration skills.

OK! Perhaps this is enough for now. Tomorrow I’m going to talk about flameworking.
And! Nature.

Sarah x

Photos by Sarah Dingwall

by Jenny Butler
Monday 15th November 2010

• Catherine H 4 years ago

Breathtaking. Simply Divine. I have ordered my hubby-roo to purchase me some of her beauty to lighten my universe. I felt calm and a sense of pure delight looking at Sara’s work. Thanks Sara! I am looking forward to the study distraction ……..

• Pinky 4 years ago

I was luck enough to catch Sarah D. at Craft Hatch last month, If her Etsy store is anything like her market stall open your wallets people, her work is as unique as it is affordable!

• Kate 4 years ago

Sarah, i hope you read this because i wanted to let you know how much i love your work.
    I look to colour for my inspiration, and your beautiful creations and photosgraphy has provided me with just that – i feel completely inspired reading your comments and seeing your photos on your blog. You seem to capture the most special of images, and i was viewing with absolute delight.
    Thank-you!

• Frances Victor 4 years ago

Wow, what a talented family! I have seen Kim’s beautiful illustrations before but didn’t realise that she was Sarah’s sister. Gorgeous work from everyone!

• Michelle 4 years ago

Love your work. I’ll see you at etsy if not craft hatch.

• I am popping down to Pomme in Mornington next week which stocks not only Sarah’s creations but a fabulous range of locally crafted goodies!

• kate 4 years ago

Sarah truly magic, stunning and gorgeous

• Karen 4 years ago

I’m lost for words. Your works are simply beautiful, elegant, classy and embodies your own distinctive signature. What about a locust design for your next project?

• Meggsy 4 years ago

I am a newcomer to your creations and totally inlove!
    ps: I collect feathers too