Uncategorized

Neighbourhood Calendar Launch pics!

Monday 22nd November 2010

The Design Files Neighbourhood Calendar – hot off the press!

Nothing like a spot of visitor participation to get people enthused!

Kat Chadwick‘s incredible ‘Neighbourhoods Map’ adorned one wall of the gallery… visitors were asked to flag their neighbourhood.

CUTE kids getting in on the action!

Neighbourhood Love!

You are probably wondering when I am going to stop going on and on and ON about this fantabulous calendar we have made :) …wellll I can’t make any promises…. but I did think these gorgeous pics of the launch last week were worth one more post!  Such extreme cuteness – cute artwork, cute colourful flags, cute catering, cute people and super cute kids…. aghhhh it’s all a bit much really.

It was really hard choosing favourite pics… therefore I have uploaded the FULL GALLERY (70 pics!) over  in the photo galleries section!  Do pop over and have a little look!  You might even spot yourself in there….!  All these beautiful photos were taken by the very talented Ms Jessica Leski. Thanks Lesk! x

You can still pop in to Lamington Drive in Collingwood anytime between now and December 24th to check out the show and/or nab yourself a calendar or limited edition print…! (also you can still buy a calendar online right here :)

THANKYOU so much to everyone who came out to the launch last Thursday!  Sorry I babbled a bit in the ‘speech’.  You know, I get excited.  Special thanks to Kat Chadwick for her incredible painted ‘Neighbourhoods Map’ which inspired everyone to  get involved and flag their neighbourhood!  Also huge thanks to Jeremy and Skye at Lamington Drive for all their incredible hard work staging such a beautiful show!  What a decidedly talented bunch.

AMAZING Neighbourhoods Map painted on the wall by Kat Chadwick! Is there nothing Kat can’t draw?

Map and flags…. thankyou to EVERYONE who visited for getting into the Neighbourhood Spirit.

Beatbox Kitchen.  The best burgers in town. (and damn cute staff too).

OMG Jeremy will kill me.   But you can hardly even see his face :)  That’s JW top left, me looking very cheesy top right, Lamington Drive’s gallery manager Skye run off her feet (bottom left), and the amazing Kat Chadwick (lit by neon pink glow) bottom right!

Monday 22nd November 2010

• maricia churchward 4 years ago

Lovely website. Just check it out briefly. Cheers, maricia.

• Pippa 4 years ago

Dear lucy,
    no need to apologise for sharing your calender and the work of your collaborating artists, it’s a great achievement and I for one am excited to finally recieve my copy, soon in the mail.
    You and your team work tireslessly to give us “design devotees, a daily dose of visual delights” and it’s for free, so brag away, blow your own trumpet and pat yourself on the back!
    Cheers Pippa.

• Myriam Thibault 4 years ago

I couldn’t agree more with Pippa, Lucy!! What would we do without you?!

And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the calendar – it’s just the perfect Xmas gift.

• Lucy 4 years ago

AW thankyou so much lovely Pippa and Myriam for your sweet words of support! :) I really appreciate it!!!

• Vanessa 4 years ago

Love the audience participation on the maps. Gorgeous calendar, great work!

• Marcela Restrepo 4 years ago

Wow! Congrats Lucy, it looks amazing!
    I love that map too, congrats too the all the team :)

• Sarah 4 years ago

As a Melbournian through and through, I can’t help but smile and giggle at all the wonderful memories brought back by the illustrations in your calendar.

Fabulous work!!

• thomas 4 years ago

what a great evening Lucy….excellent calender……love it.

• Danielle 4 years ago

great to see design files doing projects, looking forward to a curated exhibition in the future.

• Paula 4 years ago

Luuuucy!

I received my calendar in the mail today from Lamington Drive. You clever clogs, it’s perfect! So many of my favourite things all in one calendar… The Design Files, Aussie Illustrators, neighbourhood gems and pantone spot colour printing! Thank you for the Best Calendar Ever.

Keep up the good work, your blog is the benchmark by which i measure all others… :) x