Helen & David of Signature Prints

Wednesday 15th September 2010

Images supplied by Signature Prints.  Photos by Chris Court, originally taken for Marie Claire Hong Kong.

LOVE the cluttered pictures hanging in the hallway..!  Photos by Chris Court for Marie Claire Hong Kong.

Hello PINK bedroom!  All photos by Chris Court for Marie Claire Hong Kong.

Ooh la la as if there wasn’t enough Florence Broadhurst love on The Design Files this week already!  Huge thanks to my new favourite person Jenny B for hooking up this stunning Sydney home, which of course also belongs to this week’s guest bloggers – David and Helen Lennie of Signature Prints!  WOW what a double-bill!

Not surprisingly, Helen and David’s Woolhara home is a riot of vibrant colour – Helen says it’s all about ‘colour, pattern and fun…… nothing too serious!’.  The home is filled with eclectic pieces collected from overseas travel – and obviously a lot of Florence!

Like many creative couples, at first Helen and David had very different tastes in terms of home design and decoration.  Helen says she used to be more of a minimalist decorator – not anymore!  These days her home is all about vivid texture and pattern… ‘and the more the better!’ she says!

I love the beautiful yellow study nook under the stairs (top image) – the striking black and white Florence Broadhurst print on the wall,  soft yellow wallpaper and classic bentwood chair….  so pretty!

Thanks so much to Helen and David for opening up their home (and their business!) to us all this week!  Do pop over to the guest blog for more from this talented pair… Today there’s a special ‘behind the scenes’ tour of the Signature Prints print workshop… Seriously AMAZING! x

Photos by Chris Court.

Beautiful loungeroom shots… loving all that yellow! –  photos by Chris Court.

Photos by Chris Court.

Photos by Chris Court.

Photos by Chris Court.

David on his bike… ah sunny Sydney! Photos by Chris Court.

Wednesday 15th September 2010

• billiant home – love it!

• Great home. Thanks for the chance to look at it.
    Just beautiful.

Sandy K

• Kate Dickson-Battye 4 years ago

Could I move in please??!!

• Isabelle Kessedjian 4 years ago

I just see you every day , it’s a real pleasure. Thank you !

• Terese Grove 4 years ago

Gorgeous. I too am a bit a Florence fanatic. Haven’t been game enough to do the wallpaper bit yet, although haven’t found the right one yet either.

• Treadgold 4 years ago

Oh my gosh, I am in love with Signature Prints. I don’t know how they made a decision with all of the gorgeous designs available. I discovered their little shop a few years ago and love going and fossicking in there…

• Josephine 4 years ago

Love the yellow and all the pattern and colour. xx

• Mariana 4 years ago

Thanks so much for this post – it was very inspiring. Such bold beauty, but with a lived-in feel.

I MUST find that pink trellis wallpaper from the bedroom, I’m in love! Do you know what make it is? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• Mariana 4 years ago

…I should mention that I have looked at the Signature Prints website, and can’t find it there, so I am assuming it is not one of theirs!

• Katrina 4 years ago

Hi Mariana, my names Katrina, I’m working at Signature Prints for a while as an intern! You are right, the wallpaper is not on the website it is in what we call our “archives”, and was customised by Helen (she sneakily wallpaperd the room pink while David was away!!!)
    Customization of your wallpaper and fabric is something all customers are able to do here at Signature Prints.
    Please contact our sales team and they will be happy to help you get the exact wallpaper you want, in whatever colour you want! Please contact us on +61 2 8338 8400 or drop us an e-mail,
    Katrina