Travel

Pop-up Alphabet Co-op

Thursday 2nd September 2010

Typographic paper puzzle by Upon a Fold for the Pop-up Alphabet Co-op in Sydney this weekend!

A-OK!  ‘A’ by Brilliant Benja Harney, ‘OK’ by the lovely Liane Rossler!

The Pop Up Alphabet Co Op is a type-based exhibition / installation / pop-up shop curated by the very clever Sarah King (aka, Sarah K!).   You may remember me gushing about Sarah K’s many talents here – she is one inspiring lady!  (also, you have also seen her house here! :)

Sarah K has pulled together a seriously stellar line-up of local designers, crafters and makers for the Alphabet Co-op, each of whom have created a limited edition typographic artwork especially for the exhibition at Object Gallery in Sydney this weekend!  The line-up includes many TDF favourites!  Lovely peeps including Liane Rossler, Benja Harney, Tamara Maynes, Shannon Lamden (Aunty Cookie) and even this week’s guest blogger – Justine Fahd of Upon a Fold!

The Alphabet Co-op is a ‘Pop-up’ in the truest sense of the word – there’s only a  2 day window of opportunity to visit!  All work on display is limited edition and is available to buy…. type-inspired prints, lights, jewellery, knits, clothes and postcards will all be on show at affordable prices for this weekend only!

Attention Sydneysiders!  Head to Object Gallery this weekend and snaffle yourself a typographic masterpiece!  :)

Pop-up Alphabet Co-op
Object Gallery
417 Bourke st
Surry Hills, NSW

Opening night this Friday night Sept 3rd, 5.00pm – 8.00pm.  Exhibition / shop open all day this Saturday and Sunday only!

Top – Liesl Hazelton’s ‘Alpha Beta’ rings, made out of discarded computer cabling.  Buy one for you and your partner – follow Liesl’s instructions which come with the ring to assess who wear the ‘alpha’ and who the ‘beta’!  Bottom – Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious letterpress cards by by graphic designer Chris Norman.

The Pop-up Alphabet logo, featuring Tamara Maynes’s cross-stitched letter A, and other salvaged components (all available to buy at the show!)

‘ I did this instead of going out’ by Sarah Maxey..  Love it!

Thursday 2nd September 2010

• Textual Thoughts 4 years ago

oh. em. geeeee. I so hope I can make it to opening night, looks fabulous!

• kass 4 years ago

ANY chance this might come to Melbourne too? I would LOVE to look at the whole show! Looks fantastic! Pretty please?!

• Fiona 4 years ago

how fabulous i will be there. our current cos we can topic is numbers. I will let our members know about the show.

• Kate Dickson-Battye 4 years ago

OMG indeed!!- makes me want to jump on a plane and get to Sydney this weekend to see the gorgousness of it all !

• what is life without words huh! love the colors the paper puzzle really lovely stuff!

• Two Balloons Blue 4 years ago

Forget the actual alphabet! The pop-up pyramids are quite lovely on their own in all their rainbow goodness. Gives me the same feeling as a brand new box of crayons did when I was a kid.

• Simone 4 years ago

Looks wonderful. Makes me want to go out and make lots of paper sculptures :)

• zette spaghetti 4 years ago

“I did this instead of going out”… winning choice, in my opinion! Unfortunately, on the nights that I flake out on my friends, I usually end up watching Harry Potter in my pyjamas with a bowl of ice cream instead of creating awesome artworks :S

• Ron Tedwater 4 years ago

Great work keep it coming

• Prakash 4 years ago

Hi Lucy,

Great post again with the fantastic & fabulous collection. I really love your work. & i really enjoyed & inspired with this collection. Thx for sharing this wonderful list.