Shopping

Mud Australia – brand new Melbourne store!

Monday 20th September 2010

Mud Australia’s brand new Melbourne store in Gertrude st, Fitzroy.

News flash!  Sydney-based ceramicists Mud Australia have just opened their first ever store in Melbourne!  It is soooo beautiful!  Whilst Mud do have many great Melbourne stockists, nothing quite compares to seeing the full delicious range of colours in one place!  You have never seen such a beautiful rainbow of hues… from icy blues, pistachio greens to the most perfect watermelon red, seriously eye-popping stuff.

In addition to stocking Mud’s full range of 21 colours, the new store store also stocks tablelinen by NY-based Chilewich, and showcases the stunning Vitsoe 606 Universal Shelving System, designed by Dieter Rams in 1960.  (Mud is exclusive Australian distributor for both Chilewich and the Vitsoe classic furniture range.)

Mud is run by husband and wife team Shelley Simpson and James Kirkton.  Shelley does the fun designing / getting your hands dirty jobs.  James does the grown-up business / computer jobs.   Perfect match!

Pssst.  Word on the street – Brad and Angelina have just purchased Mud’s entire citrus yellow series from an LA-based Mud stockist.  True story!   I always knew she had great taste.

Mud Australia – Melbourne store
181 Gertrude st
Fitzroy
Vic

Also of course they’re in Sydney too! –

Mud Australia – Sydney Store
134 Edgecliff road
Woollahra
NSW

Mud’s beautiful range on display in the Melbourne store.

Monday 20th September 2010

• shipbuilding 4 years ago

yay…finally!!!

• Dayle 4 years ago

very beautiful! their colours are so brilliant….makes me want to create food to match the colour of their plates. Can’t wait to visit the new shop!

• I predict i will spend too much money there! First I will start with the yummy reds….then Im moving on to the blues I think!

• Louisa Gormley 4 years ago

Lucy, thanks so much for sharing this, I hope MUD have an online store. ♥♥♥

• Tricia Rose 4 years ago

Loved it when I saw it in Sydney, but didn’t think I could clank back to California with it in my hand-luggage, unfortunately! Just think how I’d feel if I broke some…

• RayG 4 years ago

Beautiful colours…and forms…my Melbourne shopping list is getting longer and longer and longer….LOVE that pale yellow colour.

• Jess 4 years ago

Ooh, love it! I will definitely have this on my list of things to do when I am in Melbourne in a couple week’s time. Thanks for sharing :)

• fairchildstreet 4 years ago

I haven’t seen these before, I love them, so simple and elegant.

• Fiona 4 years ago

so lovely to see the products displayed the way the designer sees them.

mud mud glorious mud

• Spin Spin 4 years ago

Walked past it the other night and couldn’t stop oogling – their stuff is so amazing!

• Yeshen 2 years ago

Great! Love the clean layout and ceramic displays.

• J 2 years ago

Have just spied mud products looking stunning in Conran store in Paris. Happy to be able to return to Melb to stock up!

• Love MUD, this collection is the earth and water mixed together .Beautiful collection of bakeware, dinnerware and lovely accessories in wonderful colors!

Best,
    Stacy Miles
    Designer

• Pilar Martinez 2 years ago

Muy bueno. Me gusta mucho el modo en que se expone. Un abrazo!

• www.themudraces.com 1 year ago

We appreciate you several other educational website. Wherever otherwise might I am getting in which variety of info printed in a very excellent suggests? I’ve a business i’m just now operating on, we have been getting the actual view available pertaining to such information.