Another exciting week here on the Guest Blog! Super cute Dawn Tan of Handmadelove is drawing some of her favorite recipes which are bound to get us all in the kitchen and cooking up a storm! Bon Appétit! – Jenny x
Hi my name is Dawn and I love food. Everyone loves food right!? You see, I’m actually somewhat obsessed with food and cooking so much, I make art of out it! When I’m not in my kitchen cooking, or setting things on fire by accident, I spend most of my time sewing huge fabric sculptures, like a squishy pink marshmallow pack or even a yummy Ritz cracker box! I think food and cooking is really fun and exciting, so for this week, I will be sharing 5 different recipes, one each day! Some of these recipes happen to be new discoveries made after watching too much Masterchef, others are personal favourites. So do feel free to try them all!
Everyone loves seafood! Who doesn’t? I know I do! And for that matter, this recipe is a must try! It’s easy peasy and really yummy. My boyfriend actually loves it. The first time I cooked it, he finished his plate in record timing, turned to me and asked “Is there more in the kitchen?” – just so you know, he never does that!
Happy cooking (and eating of course)!
Spaghetti Vongole (Clam Pasta)
Serves 3 hungry people!
salt and pepper
4 bird’s eye chilli (chopped)
Rind of 1 lemon and juice of ½ a lemon
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 glasses white wine
shaved parmesan cheese
1/3 cup minced garlic
1 brown onion (chopped)
good handful of fresh parsley (roughly chopped)
455g dried spaghetti
1. Wash clams and cook spaghetti in salted boiling water till al dente.
2. Over medium heat, melt butter in a large saucepan, saute garlic, onions and parsley with olive oil.
3. Add clams and white wine. Cover and cook over high heat 5-10 minutes until clams are all open.
4. Add lemon rind, juice, salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve over spaghetti. Sprinkle over chopped chillies, and shaved parmesan.
6. Serve Straightaway and enjoy!
– Dawn x