Shopping

MAIIKEstore

Tuesday 31st August 2010

Images from the brand new MAIIKEstore in Hawthorn!

I feel like a totally negligent local blogger for not mentioning  Maiike before now.   Sorry Maiike!   Local crafter Aly Peel makes these gorgeous soft toys, scarves, cushions and quilts from re-cycled knits in the most beautiful soft colour palettes… they are seriously so lovely you must go look at Aly’s Flickr to really understand the cuteness.

Somehow, in-between crafting up a storm, being a Mum, and teaching keen young fashion students at RMIT, Aly has managed to open her very own brand new shop in Hawthorn!  Amazing!  …and it looks SO freakin’ cute, too!

The Maiike shop has been a labour of love for Aly and co, who have fitted out their gorgeous little space with a mismatch of reclaimed floorboards and, apparently,  ‘furniture sourced from the finest hard rubbish nature strips, trash and treasure markets and garage sales’! Nice one!

MAIIKEstore stocks all Maiike’s beautiful things, plus a brand new range of cotton childrens wear, as well as many lovely things by other local crafters – including ceramics by Alistair Whyte, jewellery by Dani M, organic wooden toys and towels from Muku and knitted items for adults and children by UIMI.

AWESOME WORK MAIIKE!

Pop down and buy some things –

MAIIKEstore
54 Church St.
Hawthorn
Vic 3122.

Ph. (03) 9687 8352

MAIIKEstore

Tuesday 31st August 2010

• fairchildstreet 4 years ago

So soft and beautiful. I love when people find their style their voice. Reading blogs like yours helps me.

• Justine 4 years ago

Just gorgeous and I’ll look forward to visiting next time I’m in Melbourne.

• Louisa 4 years ago

What a coincidence – I just drove past this store today for the first time and it caught my eye. Will have to pop in and have a look!

• Emily 4 years ago

Ha – A few weeks ago I was driving home from Richmond past Maike and had to turn the car around quick-smart to have a closer look at the awesome sofites in the window! I can’t wait to visit :)

• Nancy 4 years ago

I’ve been in love with Maiike since I spotted their gorgeous soft quilts at the stitches and craft fair last year… have been stalking their website ever since! Thanks for letting me know about the store, can’t wait to visit!

• Rosa Coy 4 years ago

gorgeous window display…all those lovely softies beckoning…

• Mick 4 years ago

The lady behind the shop fit out, windows and other displays is Feride, Aly’s sister inlaw and partner in MAIIKEstore…. Actually it was a real family affair with the husbands, dads, brothers, inlaws and the whole gang pitching to to get it just right. We love it too.

• Just popped in a few weeks ago and yes is fabulous – best eye-catcher on the corner too. Aly – you should meet Morgan Wills (like-minded mum with lots of colour and style) – check out Morgans delights at morganwills.com.au

• Aly 4 years ago

Thanks for all the lovely comments! …I know Morgan Wills; we’re practically neighbours (Seddon/Kingsville). I really like her Babushka Dolls…and I’ve heard a whisper that you’ll be able to get them at Husk in the near future! Oh, and thank to my ace family, and sister in laws, we’re a great team of 3!