Uncategorized

Life in Style highlights

Thursday 19th August 2010

STUNNING homewares and glassware at Sydney’s Elevate - these beautiful ceramics by Danish designer Anne Black can be purchased in Melbourne from Safari Living… for other stockists please visit the Elevate website!  The delicately coloured Sia Mai glassware also caught my eye… (from Denmark also) truly beautiful.

Great gifts mainly from Japan at Via Alley – polka dot cutlery! Where have you been all my life!?

Gorgeous Christmas things by Bloom (with packaging illustrations by Ortolan!)

Cute printed teatowels by Bonnie & Neil

The very lovely ladies who run boutique trade show Life in Style came to hear me speak at Comme a little while ago… they were so sweet I promised I would return the favour and check out Life in Style this month!

It was GREAT! And exhausting!  So so so much great great product to see… and everything you see here will be in retail stores before Christmas… yippee!

I would like to also make a disclaimer and say I ONLY had 2 hrs here… I tried my best to see everything but there are many many stalls I missed sadly :( I completely missed Hall 2! Devastated! It looked awesome. So if you are a wonderful designer who was in Hall 2 please accept my sincere apologies! (I am legitimately disappointed!)

Life in Style have their own fabulous blog (with videos!) so you can check out anything I have missed!

Here are just some highlights… My full photo gallery with many more shots from Life in Style is right here! Please check it out! :)

Handprinted cards and prints by clever Sydney ladies Me & Amber

Ferm Living – Fabulous Danish designs (and their catalogue was a newspaper!? Clearly awesome).

Great to chat to Anna and Gareth from Able & Game!  I finally met Gareth!  He really does exist!

SORRY Naomi Murrell! The lighting here went a bit weird on my camera… anyway – stunning prints, cards and jewellery by SA-based designer Naomi Murrell!

Thursday 19th August 2010

• Will 4 years ago

The two yellow tea towels are lots of fun and I like the coloured vases, too. Thanks for posting your highlights!

• Thea Samios 4 years ago

Hi Lucy, Your photos look great. And don’t worry, we won’t take it personally as EVERYBODY missed Hall 2. It’s been devastating for all of the new exhibitors with so many visitors telling us (after the event) that they couldn’t find us. A very expensive exercise indeed.

• Georgia 4 years ago

So bummed I missed L.I.S !! Your photos make it look awesome!

• alex sunday 4 years ago

ooh, love those cushions on the ferm catalogue cover – they’re now on my ‘to make’ list.

• Yvonne 4 years ago

Looking at your photos makes me miss Melbourne so much and all these events I didn’t go to last year. However, I’m so happy I’ve discovered and am now following your blog so I can live vicariously through you until the time comes when I’m back there. Thank you!

• beci 4 years ago

polka dot cutlery? *swoon*. lovely round up as always lucy