OMG. This is a BIG day people! Today we’re launching something The Design Files has never done before, and we are PRETTY pumped about it.
For the next three weeks, we’re inviting kids up to the age of 16 to submit an artwork that responds to the theme of ‘Australia’. There’s $2000 each up for grabs, for FIVE winners in five different age-groups (as well as 15 runners up prizes), and 100% of entry fees will be donated directly to Children’s Ground, an incredible organisation that supports the next generation of Aboriginal children, and their communities.
Whether you’ve got a mini Matisse, Basquiat, or interpretive scribbler in your world, we want the kids of Australia to show us what they’ve got!
Entries are open from now until Sunday April 18th via the TDF Kids Art Awards website!
After last year, it’s safe to say we’ve all reflected on Australia’s unique place in the world, and felt a new appreciation for the country we call home. So we’re asking kids – what does Australia look like, feel like and mean to you? From holidays at the beach, to Sydney’s iconic Opera House, Uluru in the central desert, a game of backyard cricket, footy at the MCG, Dreamtime stories, or perhaps just a plate of Vegemite on toast for breakfast!
From Monday March 29th – Sunday April 18th, we’re calling on all Aussie kids to show us their Australia for the TDF Kids Art Awards – for the chance to win one of five $2,000 prizes, plus 15 runners up!
We’re so proud to partner with Honan to present these Awards, without whom the program would not be possible! Founded in 1964 here in Australia, Honan provides a full range of insurance, risk and financial solutions to individuals and businesses. Together, our goal is to raise $10,000 for Children’s Ground.
So here’s how it works:
– There are five age group categories – up to 5 years; 6-7 years; 8-10 years; 11-13 years; and 14-16 years.
– Your mini artisté creates an A4 2-dimensional artwork in any medium (paint, pencil, Texta, crayon, or even collage!) responding to the theme of ‘Australia’
– Take a photo or scan the artwork, and submit it online via the TDF Kids Art Awards website.
– Entries cost $5, and 100% of all entry fees will go directly to Children’s Ground.
– 1 x winner in each of the 5 categories will receive $2,000 each, plus their winning artwork on a customised pencil case thanks to Crumb Kids, PLUS their work featured on The Design Files!
– 3 x runners up in each category will receive their design on a customised Crumb Kids pencil case!
Children’s Ground is a community-led organisation that does some seriously important work in supporting Aboriginal kids, working alongside their families and communities to help them flourish in every way. A massive part of this involves upholding cultural and creative development, and connecting with country is central to everything.
‘ “Australia” has long been the inspiration for the development of artwork. It will be great to see and hear the stories from the children involved, and to see how they connect to country. To see what it means to all children who live and play on First Nations country, that is 60,000 years old’, shares Stacey Campton, a Gunggari woman and director of Partnerships, Investment and Communications at Children’s Ground.
With school holidays just around the corner, let’s get cracking!
The TDF Kids Art Awards is proudly presented by Honan, an Australian insurance group 55-years strong.
To learn more about the incredible work of Children’s Ground, click here.