No one loves small business like we do. For eight years, we have made a business of celebrating and supporting small businesses , showcasing the work of humble makers to commercial retailers, architects, designers and creative freelancers, and every business in between! In all that time, we’ve learnt an awful lot about the inner workings of Australia’s most successful small businesses.
This September we are hosting our very own mini-festival to celebrate small business! Like A Boss! is a series of talks and events designed to get your small business humming, with real nuts and bolts wisdom from some of Melbourne’s most successful small business operators – champions of their respective fields, hand picked by us!
We have partnered with industry experts and local small business owners we really look up to, including :
· Brand strategy and publicity guru Esther Navarro-Orejon of The Project Agency
· Social media and content expert Penny Modra of The Good Copy
· Legendary local retailer Abigail Crompton of Third Drawer Down
· Prolific artist, designer and freelance wizard Beci Orpin
· Shoe designer and successful retailer Annie Abbott of Habbot
· Stylist and freelance wizard Heather Nette King
· Stylist and freelance wizard Marsha Golemac
These talented women, working across PR and Communications, Retail, Social Media, Design and Styling, will join team TDF to host daily events from September 7th – 13th in our premises in Collingwood. Each event will host a maximum of just 40 people, with yummy catering and refreshments by Firecracker.
Please check out our Like a Boss! website today for the full line up of events! We hope it’ll be an inspiration-packed week, and a great chance for local business peeps to down tools (briefly!), glean some wisdom from our team of experts, and meet a bunch of likeminded small business bosses. We hope to see you there!