Shopping

Tarlo & Graham · Fitzroy

Monday 19th November 2012

Tarlo & Graham‘s fabulous new store in Gertrude st, Fitzroy.  Photo – Lucy Feagins.

Tarlo & Graham, Gertrude st, Fitzroy.  Artwork top right by Rhys Lee.  Photo – Lucy Feagins.

Not long ago, one of my favourite Melbourne stores closed their doors after more than 12 years in business.  10 points for you if you know I’m talking about Industria on Gertrude st, who opened their eclectic shop full of salvaged industrial finds on Gertrude st back in the year 2000, well before the rest of us caught on!

It was a bit sad to see Industria go after so many years… (they’re moving to the Mornington Peninsula) but lovers of all things vintage / industrial will be pleased to know that their amazing space in Gertrude st has been taken on by the another truly BRILLIANT Melbourne retail partnership – Tarlo & Graham!  After a very busy few weeks, Tarlo & Graham‘s brand new Fitzroy store opened on Saturday.

Tarlo & Graham is run by long term business partners William Tarlo and Phillip Graham, whose Windsor store of the same name is one of Melbourne’s most inspiring retail spaces.  Full to the brim of antiques and unexpected vintage oddities, Melbourne design lovers have come to know and respect William and Phillip’s eccentric mix of furniture, art and peculiar yet seriously covetable objects!

But it’s not just about sourcing the coolest things (although that helps).  In the case of Tarlo & Graham, the truly unique range of furniture and design pieces in store is matched only by Phillip and William’s incredible knack for merchandising!   Whether it be a tangled collection of traffic lights, an army of ten pin bowling skittles standing to attention, or a fluffy family of taxidermied ducklings, the expert styling at Tarlo & Graham always adheres to Phillip’s golden rule – ‘volume and repetition’!

Phillip had been coveting this space in Gertrude street for years, having been a long term friend of Quenton Puckley, owner of Industria.  So when Quenton and his partner Sue were finally ready to move on, Phillip was ready!  It’s so great to see this fabulous space being passed on to another wonderful creative Melbourne retailer –  and nice to know that Northsiders will still get their weekend fix of vintage fossicking in the same location!

TO CELEBRATE the opening of their brand new store in Gertrude st, Tarlo & Graham are offering a $500 gift voucher giveaway on their Facebook page today!  BRILLIANT!  To enter, simply follow this link, fill out your details, and be sure to like T&G on Facebook.

Tarlo and Graham – Fitzroy
202 Gertrude st
Fitzroy
Vic 3056

Tarlo & Graham, Gertrude st, Fitzroy.  Photo – Lucy Feagins.

Tarlo & Graham, Gertrude st, Fitzroy.  Photo – Lucy Feagins.

Tarlo & Graham, Gertrude st, Fitzroy.  Photo – Lucy Feagins

A familiar friend at Tarlo & Graham‘s new Fitzroy store – this anatomical model is one of Industria’s most distinctive  pieces, Phillip purchased him when taking over the space!  Photo – Lucy Feagins.

Monday 19th November 2012

• Mary Anne 2 years ago

Awesome that T & G have moved to my side of town! Very sad to see Industria go … I suppose we ll just have to get down to Mornington now! Thanks for the great competition!

• Lisa Mansfield 2 years ago

Love the new store! Industria was the one place I ALWAYS went to when when visiting Melbourne before moving here 5 years ago. An amazing collection of things, as fascinating as a Museum…and you got to take a little bit home with you! Welcome T & G. Enjoy Gertrude St!

• Sammy Perry 2 years ago

OOOO what lovely treasures.. cant wait to visit!

• Penelope 2 years ago

sad to see Industria go, but happy that another interesting shop has replaced it… Looking forward to visiting Tarlo & Graham (perhaps with a $500 voucher!!)

• Barbara 2 years ago

what a great place, all those details and colors! just perfect*

• Jacqui 2 years ago

I was just going to say, does everything fabulous have to be in Fitzroy?? Then you mentioned Industria moving to the Mornington Peninsula and I went aaaaah.

• shelley t 2 years ago

couldn’t agree more, lucy, just love these guys. it’s one of those places you go & walk out the door feeling inspired & more creative than when you walked in. you’d think it’s my shop the way i’ve been carrying on about them being in fitzroy!! well done, phil & will. x

• DonnaZ 2 years ago

all the best to the T & Gers. Love their work.. inspires me so much!

• kylie 2 years ago

delightful store……will definitely be on my list of places to visit – on my next weekend in melbourne!

• Barbara 2 years ago

Can you please open your next one in Yarraville. The West is really lacking in great shops like this.

• the moo lab 2 years ago

Hmm. That explains it! Saw the industria truck @ my little boys primary school recently & thought to myself ‘gee their a long way from home’ {also recently made the move to the mornington peninsula}. Splendid.

• Barbara Fisher 2 years ago

Looks completely divine! So on my list for next trip to Melbourne!

• mr jason grant 2 years ago

GREAT store and GREAT shots Lucy!

• Kate Turner 2 years ago

I’m too excited for words! I’m heading there as soon as I can get a leave-pass!

• wilson 2 years ago

i want the headless thing, how much? what is it?

• Hilary Jones 2 years ago

Quenton’s last name is Buckley, not Puckley! Hope you’ll be featuring their space in Mornington Peninsula soon, and spelling their names right.

• Lucy 2 years ago

OH forgive me Hilary, my mistake re: the name! Actually you read my mind, I have been hounding Quenton and Sue to let me shoot their space already, but they are hard to pin down…!

• An A-line dress is often a fit that may hug your curves at all the right places for the reason
    that it’s narrow at the summit and flares out in the sides and bottom which will conceal troublesome areas like rounder hips and backsides and may balance out one’s body start by making it
    look longer. The great variety of wholesale dresses has produced the need for them increase such as
    an epidemic. You may easily simply select the best dresses
    plus place your order for them.

• I all the time used to read piece of writing in news papers but now as I am
    a user of web therefore from now I am using net for posts, thanks to web.

• in the Financial Post points out the mistakes that prove costly for businesses.
    Reinhardt questions the assumptions made in formulating the Ohio estimates, and suggests the Lieutenant Governor
    may be providing Ohioans with misleading figures for political reasons.
    A serious accident, may it be on road or elsewhere, can cause big problems.

• Great work! This is the type of info that are meant to be shared around the internet.
    Disgrace on Google for not positioning this submit
    higher! Come on over and talk over with my website .

Feel free to visit my web page 激安 かごバッグ 高品質