Uncategorized

Elroy Ink

Monday 28th May 2012

Arches – open edition A2 giclée print by Elroy Ink

Bows and Rain – open edition A2 giclée print by Elroy Ink

‘Elroy’ is the alter ego of Geelong-based designer Ken Lawson.  Ken grew up in Tasmania, studied design in Melbourne, and after a fleeting fling with the music industry, settled down on Victoria’s surf coast, where he’s currently working as a graphic designer.  Ken has just launched a range of limited and open edition A2 sized giclée prints under the name Elroy Ink, which he sells online and through a handful of retail stockists.

There are so many local studios making affordable print editions these days, but I must say there’s something that really caught my eye about these designs.  Maybe it’s just refreshing to see abstract, interesting graphic prints minus the cute text / typography elements!   These pieces really are just all about the shape, colour and painterly composition – not a cheesy romantic message (or tram destination!) in sight!

I really love the ‘Arches‘ design pictured at the top here…  Priced from $75.00, you can buy Elroy Ink prints online or from retailers including Maiike and Sedonia in Melbourne, and One Small Room in South Australia.

All Hail the Doughnut – limited edition A2 giclée print by Elroy Ink

Monday 28th May 2012

• Courtney 4 years ago

These are really uplifting! I love it when color and shapes speak louder than any words.

• Mariza 4 years ago

Hi, can you tell you me please what Open Edition is? Does it mean that an unlimited number will be printed? If so, then maybe it should not have the word edition mentioned?

• Lucy 4 years ago

Hi Mariza,

Yes Open Edition means an unlimited number will be printed, which is a common term, and I think in this case makes sense given it distinguishes between the limited edition option!

Thanks for your comments guys!

• Jen 4 years ago

Really beautiful :)

• captain kk 4 years ago

so true lucy! (someone should make a homewares line called ‘not another bloody tram destination’) .. i also think these are awesome and your top 2 images are my top 2 picks. first one for me (aka living room) and second one for kids’ room, since miss mirka announced to me only this morning that yellow is now her favourite colour & not red and pink together anymore.

• Rani.Cee 4 years ago

Soft, mellow, clean & thoroughly modern (With a little Matisse-esque echoes in the last)
    Very pleasing to the eye
    Rani Xx

• test1 3 years ago

Wonderful blog! Do you have any hints for aspiring writers? I’m planning to start my own site soon but I’m a little lost on everything. Would you advise starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I’m completely overwhelmed .. Any tips? Bless you!